DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 connection issues

Kyle76

Reactions
My year-old Mavic Air 2 is experiencing some issues while in flight. They are not connection issues per se, but video can freeze for many seconds, and it’s hard to tell if commands are getting through. I thought it might be a heat issue, but bringing the drone down and changing batteries does not seem to help. These issues are occurring even in close proximity to the controller. It’s very disturbing to wait 30 seconds or more and you’re still not seeing exactly what the drone is seeing or whether it is even getting commands. Has anyone else experienced such issues?

My year-old Mavic Air 2 is experiencing some issues while in flight. They are not connection issues per se, but video can freeze for many seconds, and it’s hard to tell if commands are getting through. I thought it might be a heat issue, but bringing the drone down and changing batteries does not seem to help. These issues are occurring even in close proximity to the controller. It’s very disturbing to wait 30 seconds or more and you’re still not seeing exactly what the drone is seeing or whether it is even getting commands. Has anyone else experienced such issues?

Can you post the video, as this could be a lot of things other than the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2 in the Rain.

Reactions: tlswift58
What video? The video I shot seems fine but I wasn’t always seeing it in real time. I am on an iPhone X, if that helps.

What video? The video I shot seems fine but I wasn’t always seeing it in real time. I am on an iPhone X, if that helps.
Your talking about the Video Delay from your Iphone x , as I thought you were talking about the Video Freezing. Got it.

Reactions: Kyle76
Yes, the video on the phone freezes while the drone is in the air. It also does not acknowledge snapping still photos, so it’s really difficult to tell if footage is being shot and of what. It seems to be accepting flight commands fine, based on watching it in the sky, but the fact that I can’t tell when or what it is shooting through its camera makes it almost useless. What might be causing this?

I have experienced this when encountering heavy terrestrial interference at long distances. I was out of contact for 4 minutes once. It was terrifying. Do you have cache video from the device? It will have the gap. My display usually turns green after this but the cache video has normal colors.

Reactions: tlswift58
On the app UAVForecast - there is a cool setting / readout telling you of magnetic interference in the area you are flying. If it reaches a certain point - I have it set where it flags a no fly condition.

Seems that is your issue, as I fly with an Android device and get the "freeze" on occasion as well. Even when flying close in, interference can easily happen between your RC and drone - it's not always visible to naked eye.

Check the app out and see if that helps any.

I've had this issue, save all your videos from memory card then clear the video cache.
Open app.
Select Profile
Select Settings
Select Clear Cache
Select Clear Video Cache

Hope this helps?

I agree with the video cache suggestion... clear it and see if that helps. Also, your choice of smooth or HD video transmission downlink might be worth checking.

I've had this issue, save all your videos from memory card then clear the video cache.
Open app.
Select Profile
Select Settings
Select Clear Cache
Select Clear Video Cache

Hope this helps?
I’ll give that a try. Not sure what you mean by save all videos from the memory card. Does this delete everything from the card?

Even if you do not see the video on the screen, the remote control is fully functional, no need to worry....

I cleared the video cache. It was about 1.98 GB. I also found that I had 70 apps running, so I'm thinking that might also have been a factor. No issues on my most recent flight. I'm not sure that fixes the issue, but I'm hoping.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio