DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 gimbal not working. Never been crashed

Craig Notts

Reactions
Hi everyone. All was great untill the other day I had drone plugged into lap top on my desk to view my latest flights when all of a sudden the gimbal did this crazy fast dance . My battery was low on air 2 so I presumed this was a warning for that and I changed the battery and continued to look at flights on laptop. Just come to fly the drone today and now the gimbal won't work. The message says gimble stuck ( is is not stuck and is free moving) and also a message saying gimbal overload. The drone has never had a crash and has been fine till now . Any ideas anyone

Hi everyone. All was great untill the other day I had drone plugged into lap top on my desk to view my latest flights when all of a sudden the gimbal did this crazy fast dance . My battery was low on air 2 so I presumed this was a warning for that and I changed the battery and continued to look at flights on laptop. Just come to fly the drone today and now the gimbal won't work. The message says gimble stuck ( is is not stuck and is free moving) and also a message saying gimbal overload. The drone has never had a crash and has been fine till now . Any ideas anyone
When I power the drone up the gimbal moves on its yaw axis to the left and right once or twice and then stops all together with no response from wheel on controller

The code says 40002 error

Have you ever forgotten to remove the cover prior to starting
it up, if you have maybe thats what's caused the overload.
If not perhaps contact DJI to ask about code error

Ive just seen a post on 27th October by Talkenrain mentioning the same code
error, perhaps that may help you........good luck ??

By now I'm not surprised to see this. Because its happened to me too. Gimbal shake / overload etc without crash or drop. I have never left the cover on during start up.

I ended up sending it back for repair. As long as you mention to [email protected] that this persists after you attempt to calibrate via app and a firmware refresh does not solve this, they will ask you to send it in.

Took 4 weeks turnaround in Malaysia. They initially asked me to send it to Hong Kong directly at my own expense but I balked, went to the dealer and they gave me another route which was the (sole) Malaysian authorised service provider. In my case only cost me a local courier parcel cost.

Your gimbal may have not been able to move freely when you had it on your desk and powered it on to look at your flights. This may have resulted in it over heating as it does that "checking itself" when first powered on.

Just a guess though, probably be someone better clued up who can tell you why or how to find out. The magicians here are genius with these things from what i have seen for myself so far!

Reactions: hiflyer201
I'm curious why you don't just use your SD card to review flights. I don't think the drone really likes running on the ground for extended periods.

May I ask: Is it absolutely fatal to forget removal of the gimbal cover?

No, I've done it at least twice without noticeable lasting damage. I didn't leave it running for a long time though. On both occasions, I noticed my mistake right away and powered off the drone immediately to remove the gimbal guard.

It has occurred to me whether having the gimbal guard causes more risks than it resolves. It's so easy to forget to take it off before you power on your drone.

May I ask: Is it absolutely fatal to forget removal of the gimbal cover?
In my excitement to get flying i did it twice when i first got the drone,
thankfully i must have got away with it because everything worked
fine afterwards. When you turn on the drone the gimbal goes through
it's warm up dance, if the cover is left on it stops that from happening
which sometimes causes an issue. I've now got a bright orange piece
of cord tied on the cover to remind me what a silly boy i was. ?

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon