DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 - High Winds 25 plus : Kicked me out of Sport Mode

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I just got the New Firmware installed on the Smart Controler for the Air 2 : Took off in high winds and the DJI warning popped up and took my speed away .

Got a warning that I was using Propeller Guards and it slowed me down to a crawl
I brought it back and tried to duplicate the Results but did not get the same warning again.

I knew I should have waited on the last update but the Smart Controller got me. :rolleyes:

Anyone else get this Pop Up when flying the Air 2 ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Float on water

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Glad someone's willing to test in the tougher conditions. Wind is a significant factor for me nearly every time I fly. Headwinds, gusts, ridge lift, altitude, etc. I've been curious as to aerodynamics with the RainJacket on. I'd like to see some more testing in extreme wind conditions. I'm burning through my 9 lives, so I'll leave that to the PhantomRain folks!

Glad someone's willing to test in the tougher conditions. Wind is a significant factor for me nearly every time I fly. Headwinds, gusts, ridge lift, altitude, etc. I've been curious as to aerodynamics with the RainJacket on. I'd like to see some more testing in extreme wind conditions. I'm burning through my 9 lives, so I'll leave that to the PhantomRain folks!

The Wet Suit have had zero impact on the Performance in the extreme winds , there just to light to make a difference .
We have some very compelling wind videos. We are good at the 9 lives thing though. :p

Reactions: NickJones.1
I meant high winds with the Rescue Jacket.

I did capture some high wind footage last night with the Rescue Jacket in the rain while
i was landing on the lake in low light .... 20 mph winds rocking the boats up to 25 mph .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:

Impressive...wish we got more rain in SoCal.???

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Impressive...wish we got more rain in SoCal.???
People here on the East Coast, mid-Atlantic don’t realize how good they have it. Yeh, it rains sometimes, but only infrequently results in an interruption in our daily activities. Wildfires are almost unheard of, everything is green, every tree, shrub, perennial, native plants and grasses have flowers and seasonal color variation. Rain is AWESOME, excepting the occasional minor flash flooding and hurricanes.

Last edited:
I did capture some high wind footage last night with the Rescue Jacket in the rain while
i was landing on the lake in low light .... 20 mph winds rocking the boats up to 25 mph .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great. My rain suits and rescue jacket just arrived today.

:

• Love
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andresc.castrog