DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 In the Rain - Client Testimonial

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
One of my clients sent this to me awhile back.
Of all the drones the Air 2 holds the most magic for me as this is when I discovered how far I could push the boundaries with the wet suits.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain.
Land on the Water , Capture the storm

Phantomrain.org

Reactions: VanP and Papa Beach
Of all the drones the Air 2 holds the most magic for me as this is when I discovered how far I could push the boundaries with the wet suits.

Phantomrain.org
Hi I have an MA2. Obviously have seen you ads and posts over the years and although I get the body work covering how do the motors not end up absorbing any moisture. Clearly they are exposed as rain comes from above-how is that dealt with? You’ll possibly say check the website which of course I will.

Hi I have an MA2. Obviously have seen you ads and posts over the years and although I get the body work covering how do the motors not end up absorbing any moisture. Clearly they are exposed as rain comes from above-how is that dealt with? You’ll possibly say check the website which of course I will.
You have to realize that the Motors on the DJI drones are Aluminum Brush-Less Motors and are 100% water proof as they can actually run under water after being submerged. Thus these are the same type of Motors that are used in the RC subs.

This is also why we can land on the Water with a low center of gravity and not have to worry about the motors going under the water as shown with our Rescue Jackets.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Phantomrain.org
Master airscrew props?

they can actually run under water after being submerged.
How do motor bearings cope with it ?

Yes, i'm sure flying through fog or a drizzle is fine, as the motors warm up and will dry by the time you landed. But full immersion ?

Also judging by the old phantom that I got for parts, that was sitting in the damp basement, DJI motors corrode and seize from moisture just fine. (yes, CRC 556 loosened them up, but i'd never trust them to fly again).

Also what does your wetsuit do about circuitry cooling air sucked through the vents ?

How do motor bearings cope with it ?

Yes, i'm sure flying through fog or a drizzle is fine, as the motors warm up and will dry by the time you landed. But full immersion ?

Also judging by the old phantom that I got for parts, that was sitting in the damp basement, DJI motors corrode and seize from moisture just fine. (yes, CRC 556 loosened them up, but i'd never trust them to fly again).

Also what does your wetsuit do about circuitry cooling air sucked through the vents ?
Over 15 thousand clients flying with the Wet Suits and no issues reported of motor failure or corrosion of any kind, an we have been testing these motors now for 6 Years . Our Phantom 4 pro is still flying .

The Wet Suits Redirect the airflow so you wont find a single issue with that posted on the forum

We only fly when it really rains, no one that is buying the Wet Suit is buying for a Drizzle.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Pouring Rain, Land on the Water, Capture the Storm,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH