DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 really twitchy during auto-landing

Ice_2k

Reactions
I usually use return to home to bring back the drone after I’m done shooting and then, while it’s descending, I use the sticks to correct it on top of the landing pad (precision landing has been a bit of a hit and miss for me but that’s a separate story). What I noticed is, that while in the auto landing procedure, in normal mode the drone is extremely nervous. The slightest touch on the right stick makes it jump as if I gave it full stick. Once I cancel auto landing I can easily guide it to the center of the landing pad.

Anybody else notice this? The Mavic Mini does not do that.

I would recalibrate IMU and compass ASAP to see if that resolves the problem.

I have not experienced any problem as you have described.

Reactions: Slade
I would recalibrate IMU and compass ASAP to see if that resolves the problem.

I have not experienced any problem as you have described.
if it would be a calibration issue, wouldn't it manifest itself at all times? Again, if I just hit the "Cancel landing button", everything works perfectly.

if it would be a calibration issue, wouldn't it manifest itself at all times? Again, if I just hit the "Cancel landing button", everything works perfectly.

I don't necessarily disagree with your analysis, however, I think the general consensus (and my limited experience) seems to indicate that all Mavic aircraft typically exhibit rock-solid stability (unless there are very windy conditions) in this landing maneuver.

This leads me to conclude that this is a VERY individual situation and I would investigate my own personal equipment and setup.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast