DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 SD card

Card details: new, used, brand, size?
How did it work before you formatted it?
Why did you format it?
What can you see when connected to your computer?

Just a couple things to note for future reference:

The Air 2S records at most 120Mbps (likewise Air 2S at 150Mbps, though usually 125Mbps when in H265/10-bit).

And for comparison, a Mini 1 records at 40Mbps at most, with the Mini 2 recording at 100Mbps (when shot at 4K).

The SD cards have speed classifiers on them, most of the common dirt cheapies are Class-10/U1 now, meaning they are rated to write continuously at 10MB/s, since there's 8 bits in a byte, that's 10*8 = 80mbps. It's the continuous write speed that you need to worry about, not what the manufacture advertises as ##MB/s as that's usually read speed, and usually only in bursts, not continuous.

A Class 10 (or V10 if it's labeled for video class) card isn't fast enough for something over a Mini 1.

A V30/U3 card is, 30MB/s = 30*80 = 240Mbps

There are plenty of very inexpensive V30 cards (Even a Sandisk Extreme V30 isn't that expensive now) if that's the case. A V60 (480Mbps) card would be overkill as I am not aware of any DJI drones needing beyond 240Mbps let alone 480Mbps.

If it's a V30, just ignore as even if it was going slower than anticipated, there's still a lot of headroom between its 15MB/s maximum writing and the card's 30MB/s maximum rated capability.

Reactions: notadrop
I have the same problem with my Air2s. Can a card get too old? It seems to work ok but the warning at the top of the screen is annoying.785D2F03-3226-4FF8-A67B-085D1EA5AAD7.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my Air2s. Can a card get too old? It seems to work ok but the warning at the top of the screen is annoying.View attachment 149988
They can fail like any other memory used often enough (like SSD there's a finite life cycle to how many writes they can do, though most people usually upgrade by then.)

V30 should be more than sufficient and a 128gb u3/v30 Sandisk extreme card can't be that old age wise considering.

Also when you clear it, it's best to format the card (in drone, so it sets it up with it's optimal cluster size), not just delete the files.

Thanks Karl. I just ordered a new card. We’ll see if that gets rid of the annoying warning.

Thanks Karl. I just ordered a new card. We’ll see if that gets rid of the annoying warning.
The other thing to consider, though it doesn't happen as often buying from most physical stores or established shops, is that there can be counterfeit cards (particularly Sandisk), while they are pretty cheap now for a v30 (ie between 12 and 20 for a 128gb v30), if you saw one stupid cheap like $5, I would be dubious.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise