DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s and kittyhawk

Gravy8000

Reactions
Got approval to fly in restricked zone and when i got to the area to fly drone would not take off. Checked kittyhawk and approval was still active but the drone still would not take off.
Looking for help……

This doesn't answer your question, but I have one of my own. How long did it take for you to get approval? Did you use LAANC, or the DroneZone? I live in an area that requires authorization and (as far as I can tell) isn't LAANC. So I submitted the request online. A little afraid to even pop the battery into my drone until this gets resolved. :S

I used the kittyhawk app pit request in on last sunday at 7am and got approval around 1pm to fly in the restricted zone today from noon till 6pm

Got approval to fly in restricked zone and when i got to the area to fly drone would not take off. Checked kittyhawk and approval was still active but the drone still would not take off.
Looking for help……
You have to get approval from the Government with Kittyhawk and then you must get an unlock from DJI to fly. Two separate but important procedures.

Getting authorization from the government through Kittyhawk is usual the easier of the two procedures but it depends on the location how hard it will be to get the unlock from DJI.

If you want to fly in a DJI blue authorization zone you have two different possible routes you can take to get the unlock from DJI. You can either have your device connected to the internet when you take off and it will prompt you to through the unlock process; or before the flight when you are at a computer and have wi-fi you can you can go to the DJI flysafe website and perform the self unlock procedure which will allow you to download the unlock ahead of time in case you will be in an area without internet access.

If you want to fly in a DJI Red Restricted Zone you must apply for what is called “custom unlock” ahead of time. You will have to submit documentation you have authorization to fly in the restricted zone and then they will send you an unlocking license after they approve your application.

I fly a MA2. I got approval, and followed the instructions to install it on the drone/controller. the flight went flawless. was able to fly over and around a large hedge of blooming lilacs.
I'm still learning how to fly sideways and avoid objects (no crashes so far-cautious because I lost an inexpensive drone due to my errors)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4