DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Battery Not Installed Properly Error; What to do..

crash3x

Reactions
I’ve had my Air 2s since it launched and get an occasional “Battery Not Installed Properly” error.

I pop the battery out & back in and problem solved, good to go!

Yes I’ve read some post about this but I’m curious if some people like myself are just popping the battery out & in and keeping there drone or sending it back to DJI, returning etc. for a new one?

Have any of those who’ve returned and or received back there drone had this error pop up again?

I’m split between sending it back to DJI or just keeping it. The error only occurs like a 1 out of 5x’s.. Thoughts??

just curious..is it the same battery every time you get the error warning? Could the battery be beginning to swell?. That's the way I discovered a very slightly enlarged battery on my Air 1. I hadn't had a battery swell before...I check them after every flight now.

Reactions: crash3x
just curious..is it the same battery every time you get the error warning? Could the battery be beginning to swell?. That's the way I discovered a very slightly enlarged battery on my Air 1. I hadn't had a battery swell before...I check them after every flight now.
No, it’s random, could be any of my batteries, I have them marked & kept track. Originally thought maybe it was isolated to one battery but that wasn’t the case.

I found some helpful info on here last night about the tabs on the battery and drone, a lil prying & cleaning the tabs help solve the issue for sone.

My A2s flys great, super happy with it I just get this random pop up every so often, I’d hate to send it back to DJI and get another one with the same or new issues if all I need to do is slightly pry out the battery tabs.

i was trying to get a feel for what most pilots were doing if they incurred the same issue.

I appreciate your input & advice! Thanks!

Reactions: hiflyer201
Yes I pryed out the battety tabs on all three of my batteries and it solved the same problem you are having. I was getting the battery error message on all three batteries on a frequent basis. I would not return the drone to DJI. Just lightly bend the battery tabs. Good luck Mr Mint

Reactions: crash3x
Yes I pryed out the battety tabs on all three of my batteries and it solved the same problem you are having. I was getting the battery error message on all three batteries on a frequent basis. I would not return the drone to DJI. Just lightly bend the battery tabs. Good luck Mr Mint
Good to hear that method worked, I’m going to give it a try.
Sounds like it’ll solve the issue and save me a DJI headache!
Thanks for the response!

Reactions: RichieFromBoston
could you explain the "prying" out not sure what to make of that??

Im having this problem with my flown twice air s2 and yet ALL the batteries work fine in air 2 WTF DJI??
I had the issue on my “first” A2s, I’m now on my “second” Air2s… And still getting battery error warnings, randomly on random batteries. Somethings not right! Maybe they need to make designated batteries for the A2s

I had the issue on my “first” A2s, I’m now on my “second” Air2s… And still getting battery error warnings, randomly on random batteries. Somethings not right! Maybe they need to make designated batteries for the A2s
its total BS that DJI does thier customers like this I have 7 drones and this type of crap is constant. oh well, we are too busy donating drones to harrass americans etc for non compliance.

Not sure if you're seeing the same issue I saw. The latest A2s firmware update also updates the battery firmware. I updated my A2s to the latest firmware version, and it updated the battery that was connected while I did the upgrade. No problems.

When I swapped to a new battery I got the battery not installed properly error. I turned the A2s off and closed the DJI app on my phone. I turned the A2s back on and reopened the DJI app and updated the A2s firmware again. After it was done updating, I was hoping the error would go away but it didn't. So I restarted the A2s. Still had the error. I turned the A2s off and removed and reseated the battery and restarted it, and it worked fine after.

When I switched to my third battery, I saw the same error and performed the same steps to clear it. I noticed I had to exit the app and re start it before it would let me update the A2s firmware again, then I had to remove and reinstall the battery before the error cleared.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: umanbean
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98