DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s battires 12.6v vs 13.2 volt

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a Dji air2s. The battires say air2 on them what's the deal also they say max. Charge12.6v and nominal 11.04v . I also just bought two new air2s batteries and they say air2 also, but say 13.2 max charge and nominal 11.55v .

. The Dji charging brick say's 13.2 max and 12.6v nominal yet the battires that came with a air2s combo are 12.6 and 11.4 volts. I want to buy the Hanatora 4 battery and RC charger will I be safe with these differences in charging rates?
Thanks oman

Last edited:
There are two different, yet compatible, batteries. The 3500mAh is 13.2V. The 3750mAh is 12.6V. I gather they are the Air 2 and Air 2s batteries respectively. Per DJI, there is no performance difference between them and they are interchangeable.

As for the charger, you need to make sure the one you choose supports both. I've noticed that some of their chargers, and others, only support a single battery voltage. Others auto-adjust.

Here are some I have in my drone list.

Last edited:
There are two different, yet compatible, batteries. The 3500mAh is 13.2V. The 3750mAh is 12.6V. I gather they are the Air 2 and Air 2s batteries respectively. Per DJI, there is no performance difference between them and they are interchangeable.
That doesn't make sense: are those voltages/capacities reversed (higher voltage should have higher Ah)?
0.6V is a big difference for LiPo batteries, even if there are (3) cells in there (that's still 0.2V more per cell); that should translate into a higher capacity.

One is 250mAh or 1Wh higher than the other. Not a big difference in flight time. Charging is another story but the stock DJI charger is programmed to handle it (as some others in the market)

Specifications
Input: 100-240 V; 50-60 Hz
Output: 13.2±0.1 V or 12.6±0.1 V
USB: 5 V, 2 A
Charging Time: About 1 hour and 35 minutes (subject to temperature)
RC Charging Time: about 4 hours (subject to temperature)

I have the Hanatora 4 bay charger that works perfectly for both voltage batteries

I have the Hanatora 4 bay charger that works perfectly for both voltage batteries
How packable is it? I was ready to buy it for an upcoming trip but I'm thinking it'll eat up more room than the other one I linked to. Of course, now I'm wondering if I won't just be better off with a USB charger and a battery pack. I likely won't have access to a 12V plug if we're on a tour, and if I can use the AC adapter, I'm probably in the hotel where I can use the stock charger.

Anyone know of a multi-battery USB charger? I've only found singles.

How packable is it? I was ready to buy it for an upcoming trip but I'm thinking it'll eat up more room than the other one I linked to. Of course, now I'm wondering if I won't just be better off with a USB charger and a battery pack. I likely won't have access to a 12V plug if we're on a tour, and if I can use the AC adapter, I'm probably in the hotel where I can use the stock charger.

This is quite packable. You also get a 12v cord for car charging as well.

Attachments

• 2022-05-03 12.10.31.jpg
    2022-05-03 12.10.31.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 2022-05-03 12.10.22.jpg
    2022-05-03 12.10.22.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: ThatBeardedDroneGuy

The Hanatora charger is awesome but is at least twice the size the stock DJI charger (maybe more)
Air 2S batteries are too large for multi-battery USB charger.

Bummer. I'm starting to run out of room. :)

This is the USB charger I've been looking at and it's good for both voltages.

Regarding chargers, I just use the one that came with the drone. Instead of trying to find a car charger direct to the strip, I instead bought small power inverter, smallest one mainly allowed for 120W with a 12 Amp fuse, but the Air 2S charger only requires at best 1.3 Amps or so, so more than sufficient. Mainly because I would trust the ability to convert the voltage on the little brick that comes with the drone, rather than the third party adapters drawing direct from the cigarette socket (plus gives me some options for charging say a small laptop).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest