DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s & DJI RC Pro

net net, i bought a used M3 from B&H (no tax payboo) for $1840
bought extra batt from dji $210
bought the $1750 Air 2s fly more with RC Pro from Drone Nerds, no tax.
sold the Air 2s w/o remote for $950.
end up with the M3 kit , 2 batts and RC Pro for $2875. (and spare RC231 remote)
My guess is that dji will offer an M3 fly more with RC Pro for approx $3450 (Chinese price) , but I don't need 3 batts, a bag, filters that are $190. or the hub.
So I feel like I save myself $500 at this time.

Last edited:
So do we have confirmation that the RC Pro now works with the Air 2s? Can someone verify that's true before I spend 1K on the new controller?
my RC Pro arrived yesterday from B&H, nope it will not sync with my air 2s at the moment, but hopefully an update will come out eventually to make it possible lol

Reactions: zeusfl
If I read this right, all the posts thus far, unless you've purchased a A2S RC Pro bundle, someone with an A2s, can't use an RC Pro to make it work with their A2S?
Off the bat, this seems weird to me as (I Believe) the RC Pro, already has the hardware/chip, compatible with Occusync 3?

So now on top of all that, you need a downgrade/upgrade the firmware on your RC Pro, in order to make it play nice with your A2S?

Reactions: Rrrick
Correct so far. However, DJI has said on their website that the RC Pro will soon be compatible with other drones, the smart money being the Air 2S and the Mini 2 at least.

I solved the problem another way. Found a seller of the Air2S model of the RC Pro, at under list price on eBay. Have it coming tomorrow. When the firmware update comes out, it will be ready for other drones. Altho I have little interest in the Mavic 3, after many months there may be a Mavic 4, or an Air 3S. Who knows.

I'm selling my DJI Smart Remote on eBay, and prices being offered there are higher than my purchase price of the Smart Remote last year. That's likely because it's been discontinued and a lot of Mavic 2 owners and other older DJI drones are wanting that remote, and the new RC Pro won't work with those drones. So I'll get the upgrade for my Air 2S for virtually nothing. I'm not interested in hacking the firmware, as some are doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: gcopter1
Correct so far. However, DJI has said on their website that the RC Pro will soon be compatible with other drones, the smart money being the Air 2S and the Mini 2 at least.

I solved the problem another way. Found a seller of the Air2S model of the RC Pro, at under list price on eBay. Have it coming tomorrow. When the firmware update comes out, it will be ready for other drones. Altho I have little interest in the Mavic 3, after many months there may be a Mavic 4, or an Air 3S. Who knows.

I'm selling my DJI Smart Remote on eBay, and prices being offered there are higher than my purchase price of the Smart Remote last year. That's likely because it's been discontinued and a lot of Mavic 2 owners and other older DJI drones are wanting that remote, and the new RC Pro won't work with those drones. So I'll get the upgrade for my Air 2S for virtually nothing. I'm not interested in hacking the firmware, as some are doing.
I received the new RC Pro today. It paired fine with my Air 2S, as I expected. I'll put my SC up on eBay, and that will be that. So it all worked out well, with minimal expense, and no software hacking. I expect to see DJI offer a firmware update soon that makes the RC Pro universal.

Reactions: SzymonN
Bought the Combo (DJI Air 2S + RC Pro in same box) from B&H. Connection to the Air 2S right out of the box after a few updates.

Would speculate that a newer one should be available for you soon so you can connect to the Air 2s as well.

Reactions: Rrrick
I received the new RC Pro today. It paired fine with my Air 2S, as I expected. I'll put my SC up on eBay, and that will be that. So it all worked out well, with minimal expense, and no software hacking. I expect to see DJI offer a firmware update soon that makes the RC Pro universal.
Hi, so just to confirm you had a seperate RC Pro (not in a bundle) and you linked it with your Air2s with no problems?

Hi, so just to confirm you had a seperate RC Pro (not in a bundle) and you linked it with your Air2s with no problems?
Read the post before the one you quoted. He bought one from the Air 2S/RC Pro bundle on ebay. We're all still waiting for the magic update from DJI that will fix this mess.

Reactions: Rrrick and Goose48
Some of us are having problems.
I purchased the Air 2S Combo (with RC Pro included) on Jan 5th from Drone Nerds.
Constantly sends the error of Aircraft not connected to RC. Stick controls will temporarily work until auto RTH takes over. This happens within a few minutes of takeoff and it's repeated itself on multiple flights with multiple batteries.

Firmware is up to date according to DJI Fly. Very disappointing, it's nothing but an expensive child's toy at this point.

Some of us are having problems.
I purchased the Air 2S Combo (with RC Pro included) on Jan 5th from Drone Nerds.
Constantly sends the error of Aircraft not connected to RC. Stick controls will temporarily work until auto RTH takes over. This happens within a few minutes of takeoff and it's repeated itself on multiple flights with multiple batteries.

Firmware is up to date according to DJI Fly. Very disappointing, it's nothing but an expensive child's toy at this point.
Strange.....my combo kit has been working perfectly with the 2s so far. Mine was bought from B&H though.

Same. After activation and initial pairing, my used A2S works fine with the RC-Pro from the B&H Air2S/RC-Pro combo kit.

After using the stock remote with my phone with my MPP jumping up to the fully integrated remote/screen is amazing.

There are many times I thought about taking short flights with the MPP but the 'hassle' to connect the phone usually killed that idea. Now with 2 button presses I am basically in the air.

Reactions: merak75
After using the stock remote with my phone with my MPP jumping up to the fully integrated remote/screen is amazing.

There are many times I thought about taking short flights with the MPP but the 'hassle' to connect the phone usually killed that idea. Now with 2 button presses I am basically in the air.
Yes, it's a big, but not obvious advantage to many. I love the speed of deployment. I'm quickly in the air and get more use out of my drone with the dedicated controller.

Reactions: merak75
I'm happy to hear that some people are getting good functioning right out of the box. For nearly $2k, it should absolutely be expected to do that.

Mine should've never left the factory with it's connection loss problems. It was a battle to get initially paired and initial firmware installed due to Aircraft not connected to RC errors.....at random and often.
1 to 5 minutes after takeoff, the same error appears and it reverts to auto RTH....This was close distance and miles from obstacles, wifi or other electronics.

It was suggested that I recalibrate everything. I attempted to do this indoors with the control a few feet away. Each calibration took multiple attempts and re-starts due to random loss of connection with RC Pro.
Recalibrate fixed nothing.

I've received a shipment label to return it to Drone Nerds, where I purchased on Jan 5th.

Strange.....my combo kit has been working perfectly with the 2s so far. Mine was bought from B&H though.
I bought the same combo from B&H and it works with the Air 2S perfectly. It is the best flying drone I have owned. Really enjoying the RCP.

I bought the same combo from B&H and it works with the Air 2S perfectly. It is the best flying drone I have owned. Really enjoying the RCP.
What kind of after-sale service (of drones specifically) Does B&H provide?
I purchased from Drone Nerds in hopes that they'd be more able to provide support if the need arises...??

What kind of after-sale service (of drones specifically) Does B&H provide?
I purchased from Drone Nerds in hopes that they'd be more able to provide support if the need arises...??
Service and Support are two different items.

As for 'service' should anything go wrong with the drone within 30 days (that is DJI's fault) it will get returned to the vendor for a refund or exchange. B&H has always been great to work and I have full confidence that if something was not working properly they would take it back without an issue.

As for support, it is not really any vendors responsibility to supply support for the product. Besides, anything you need to know is available in the manual on-line. If further questions are needed I have found searching the forum(s) to be the best place for an answer.

Reactions: WyomingCB
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13