DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s & DJI RC Pro

Yes it is compatible if you bought it as bundle like the one BHphoto was selling. DJI provide an "special" firmware that make it compatible with the MA2S but not with the Mavic 3 ironically. There is a youtuber that found the way to install the firmware for the Mavic 3 and works, then roll it back to the special firmware.

I am sure DJI will release a firmware make it backwards compatible since the hardware has the capacity and software as well is just that is block right now for marketing strategy.

Yes it is compatible if you bought it as bundle like the one BHphoto was selling. DJI provide an "special" firmware that make it compatible with the MA2S but not with the Mavic 3 ironically. There is a youtuber that found the way to install the firmware for the Mavic 3 and works, then roll it back to the special firmware.

I am sure DJI will release a firmware make it backwards compatible since the hardware has the capacity and software as well is just that is block right now for marketing strategy.
any luck finding the M3 zeusfl?

Here the video how the guy did it.

I bought mine from a guy on ebay for $100 less than DJI charges. He buys the combo sets and then parts them out. I’ve been flying my Air S2 with my RC pro since Christmas and loving it!

I bought mine from a guy on ebay for $100 less than DJI charges. He buys the combo sets and then parts them out. I’ve been flying my Air S2 with my RC pro since Christmas and loving it!
I've done the same thing. I have the older Smart Controller, and they are going for high prices on eBay, so I'll probably put it up there and come out about even.

Here the video how the guy did it.
Well, that guy was reverting a RC Pro purchased with the Air 2S Fly More Combo (with the v03.00.0008 firmware) to the firmware that works with the Mavic 3, v01.00.0400. It should be do-able both ways. It's just a firmware change between two readily available firmwares. I replied to that video about this, he wants me to contact him through telegram (and probably wants money) to explain the details which he's omitted from this video. I may follow up on this; but my (standalone) RC Pro is having some delivery issues with Fedex - was supposed to get here on Saturday, but wasn't delivered, and the tracking page isn't getting updated.

Reactions: SzymonN
He originally post the video in details explaining how to get the file you need from a TEMP file, then he reverted the video to this simple video omitting the others steps to make money.

The fact is that he prove is the same hardware with different firmware. Just wait until DJI releases the official firmware will make both compatibles. Is not if... is when....

Ah I see. It looks like he's trying to get 20$ for the details. We'll see about that when I actually get the thing. Not a lot of flying when it's cold outside, so I may be able to resist the temptation. My first course of action anyway is to bug DJI unmercifully for the update - I don't think I'd be out of line asking them every day for it, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: OkDrone
He originally post the video in details explaining how to get the file you need from a TEMP file, then he reverted the video to this simple video omitting the others steps to make money.

The fact is that he prove is the same hardware with different firmware. Just wait until DJI releases the official firmware will make both compatibles. Is not if... is when....
There is something funny about this, I do not get it. Why not just provide the compatibility at the outset, it cannot be a big technical issue. And it was the exact same with the SC V1. Everybody has forgotten the years of waiting for SC to work with Air2 and Mini2...

It works IF you bought the Air 2S Fly More Package that contains the RC Pro. Or if you got it 3rd party. The currently selling stand alone RC Pro is meant for the Mavic 3 only. There's a firmware difference, which DJI says they will soon fix.

I can verify that the flash by sincoder works. I bought the Air 2S with RC Pro deal, my son has a crypto accout, i sent approx $25. sincoder logged into an old laptop I had using teamviewer. It looked essentilly the same as the utube video, and it was done in 15-20 min. You cannot use it with the air 2s after the flash. Hopefully dji will make that possible.
If anyone else is interested and needs to send crypto, I can help.

Attachments

• Image (52).jpeg
    Image (52).jpeg
    726.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Image (53).jpeg
    Image (53).jpeg
    639.9 KB · Views: 19
you should record the process with your cellphone to let it go for free for the forum. You can even revert it if you want with the same process.

I may try on my own and see if I can do it to pass the info.

Reactions: Crashdummytest
you should record the process with your cellphone to let it go for free for the forum. You can even revert it if you want with the same process.

I may try on my own and see if I can do it to pass the info.
Really. This kind of stuff should be freely available. Also the way to go the other way - from the standalone/mavic 3 version to the Air 2S version.

Reactions: zeusfl
good points, and if I had been smart enough to figure it out (i'm not), and was brave enough to test it on my $1000 remote (i'm not). Then I would offer it out for free.
But he did the work, and he delivered what he said he wuld, so I wouldn't be comfortable giving away his work.
$25 on a $1000 item is less than paypal gets. worth it for me.
I didn't want the RC Pro at $1200, but I do want it at $800
Someone else will figure it out soon enough.
-david

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman