DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC and AIR 2s

bmoore1118

Reactions
I am looking at buying the RC for my air to us and I want to see if it would be worth it. The RC has OS3 but is that really a big upgrade over the rcn1 that came with it. I use an iPhone 14 Pro with the controller that came with it. I am worried that the RC will be slower in the screen isn’t nearly as bright outside. Any help would be appreciated.

I am looking at buying the RC for my air to us and I want to see if it would be worth it. The RC has OS3 but is that really a big upgrade over the rcn1 that came with it. I use an iPhone 14 Pro with the controller that came with it. I am worried that the RC will be slower in the screen isn’t nearly as bright outside. Any help would be appreciated.
I was using a Max 12 and went to the RC on my 2S with no problems. It's just turn it on and fly!

Reactions: SparePartz
RC-N1 is also OC3. The brightness is fine and can endure hot environments, unlike the iPhone which dims the screen as soon as it gets hot. Processing power is good for flying.

Last edited:
I was using my 14 pro max until I woke up and began flying with my 12.2” iPad. To be honest, I’ve never had it dim on me but I generally try to be comfortable and fly from the shade whenever possible. I’ve never had a connectivity problem but I do fly VLOS.

I found the upgrade to the DJI RC well worth it for my Air 2S. Better button and dial functionality, generally more convenient to get up and flying, and the screen brightness is fine even in the sun. It doesn't use third-party apps, so I revert to the RC-N1 and an iPad Mini 5 when I have to fly a Litchi mission.

Reactions: Jurgen and Dbez1
I purchased the RC Pro and everything was fantastic! Later I acquired a Mavic 3 Classic that came with the RC. So I swapped the controllers out. I found that I can't fly as far away from me using the RC with my A2S as I could with the Pro and the screen is good and clear, it is just not as bright as the Pro's screen. I could fly more than twice as far with the Pro controlling the A2S as the grey RC. Before I knew better, I would fly BVLOS out about 1 mile using the RC Pro wherein in the same location the A2S would lose connection with the RC 1/2 mile out and start the RTH protocol.

In conclusion, I recommend spending a few extra bucks and getting the RC Pro. From what I hear you saying, I think you will love it.

I purchased the RC Pro and everything was fantastic! Later I acquired a Mavic 3 Classic that came with the RC. So I swapped the controllers out. I found that I can't fly as far away from me using the RC with my A2S as I could with the Pro and the screen is good and clear, it is just not as bright as the Pro's screen. I could fly more than twice as far with the Pro controlling the A2S as the grey RC. Before I knew better, I would fly BVLOS out about 1 mile using the RC Pro wherein in the same location the A2S would lose connection with the RC 1/2 mile out and start the RTH protocol.

In conclusion, I recommend spending a few extra bucks and getting the RC Pro. From what I hear you saying, I think you will love it.

It's not exactly "a few extra bucks" to go to the RC Pro ($300 for the RC, $1,000 for the Pro). I grabbed the RC for my Air 2S about a year ago, and it's working great. I do get a few signal drop outs, but I never took the time to compare it with the RC-N1. I don't usually go that far away anyway. It's great that I don't have to worry about getting a call while flying, and the RC boots up relatively quickly.

It's not exactly "a few extra bucks" to go to the RC Pro ($300 for the RC, $1,000 for the Pro). I grabbed the RC for my Air 2S about a year ago, and it's working great. I do get a few signal drop outs, but I never took the time to compare it with the RC-N1. I don't usually go that far away anyway. It's great that I don't have to worry about getting a call while flying, and the RC boots up relatively quickly.
You are correct, it is more than double the price to upgrade to the RC Pro. Please don't get me wrong, both remotes are good and I would use either over the NC1. My thinking is that you can save money by buying the less expensive unit or you can save money by just getting the more expensive unit first. Again, I like them both. However, the RC Pro is better, and after you purchase the RC and have the opportunity to see the Pro in action, I feel that you would want to own it.

Reactions: kenjancef
You are correct, it is more than double the price to upgrade to the RC Pro. Please don't get me wrong, both remotes are good and I would use either over the NC1. My thinking is that you can save money by buying the less expensive unit or you can save money by just getting the more expensive unit first. Again, I like them both. However, the RC Pro is better, and after you purchase the RC and have the opportunity to see the Pro in action, I feel that you would want to own it.

I have more than one friend that is trying to get me to upgrade... lol... I do know that it's better, but I just can't justify the difference, at least not right now. I am glad that I at least got the RC. And so far it's been great for my use case. Someday maybe...

I have more than one friend that is trying to get me to upgrade... lol... I do know that it's better, but I just can't justify the difference, at least not right now. I am glad that I at least got the RC. And so far it's been great for my use case. Someday maybe...
Hey kenjancef, I get it. I don't know your situation but I do know mine. And I know me... I would still want the PRO, even after I purchased the RC. Knowing me, I would not be satisfied until I have what I want in this ONE LIFE. I can't afford to purchase outright most of the stuff I have, so I save for it and/or use short-term loans. In most cases, they are offered by the sellers themselves (PayPal, Affirm, Amazon, etc.). I do get it, and I understand that everyone doesn't follow the same logic, and that ok. I just wanted to share with you how I personally would handle this decision. Either way, I think you would be happy with the RC or the RC Pro.

Reactions: kenjancef
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147