DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I Bind my old M3 RC N1 with my new Mavic 3 Pro?

kanesimages

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic 3 Pro. I already own a Mavic 3 that came with a RC N1 remote. Im using a very bright Tripltek with the RC N1 and don't mind the additional steps of attaching it to my RC every time I fly. Can I use this RC N1 Tripltek combo on my new Mavic 3 Pro? And can I use the RC that came with my M3Pro with my old Mavic 3?

Appreciate any feedback

Kane

Reactions: Cafguy
I recently purchased a Mavic 3 Pro. I already own a Mavic 3 that came with a RC N1 remote. Im using a very bright Tripltek with the RC N1 and don't mind the additional steps of attaching it to my RC every time I fly. Can I use this RC N1 Tripltek combo on my new Mavic 3 Pro? And can I use the RC that came with my M3Pro with my old Mavic 3?

Appreciate any feedback

Kane
Absolutely! Mavic 3 Pro uses the same OcuSync 3+ as the Mavic 3, unlike the newer Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro that both use OcuSync 4, requiring a brand new controller that supports OcuSync 4.

@kanesimages Be careful, differentiate between the words based on "bind" and either "pair" or "link" .
In relation to DJI drones, "bind" etc. now has a specific meaning and relates to 'insurance cover' etc.. It is not related to establishing the connection between the drone and controller that is used for controller purposes.
The latter is "pairing" or "linking".

Which do you mean?

"Pairing" / "linking", for control purposes, does not need an internet coneectionion, indeed it can probably be done without the tablet being connected to the controller.

Binding REQUIRES an internet connection and use of the app to create the binding or undo the binding.
I think it also requires that the 'old' controller be unbound from the drone BEFORE the 'new' controller CAN be bound to the drone.
I suspect you are asking about pairing but .........
If, by any chance, you have flyaway insurance on the drone then, for that insurance to be valid, the controller in use MUST be bound to the drone.

Last edited:
differentiate between the words based on "bind" and either "pair" or "link" .
As I remember, years ago the word”bind”was used to describe the process to connect a controller to some form of radio controlled device. I do think the word
“link”is the more appropriate term for that process.

As I remember, years ago the word”bind”was used to describe the process to connect a controller to some form of radio controlled device. I do think the word
“link”is the more appropriate term for that process.
I have read that as well but currently DJI reserve/use the word "bind" for the insurance thing.
It's best to be certain what the OP is asking about, especially if the OP is referring to the insurance thing.

LINK controller to craft for fight communication/control
BIND craft to account for activation
BIND craft to controller for Care Refresh/Flyaway coverage
Simple, but DJI should use better nomenclature.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
LINK controller to craft for fight communication/control
BIND craft to account for activation
BIND craft to controller for Care Refresh/Flyaway coverage
Simple, but DJI should use better nomenclature.
Since when has binding been associated with activation and is it a requirement ?
I have activated several drones but it was a while ago and before flyaway insurance etc. and I have no recollection of mention of binding.

Can you suggest better terminology/nomenclature that DJI could adopt ?
I do not think there is a problem with the existing nomenclature, I believe that the problem lies in peoples' usage of the words.

Since when has binding been associated with activation and is it a requirement ?
I have activated several drones but it was a while ago and before flyaway insurance etc. and I have no recollection of mention of binding.

Can you suggest better terminology/nomenclature that DJI could adopt ?
I do not think there is a problem with the existing nomenclature, I believe that the problem lies in peoples' usage of the words.
When you activate a new drone, you either bind it to your account or are required to create a new account. Maybe "associate" would be better for that action.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
When you activate a new drone, you either bind it to your account or are required to create a new account. Maybe "associate" would be better for that action.
When did that start ?
In truth I do not remember whether or not my app was logged in when I activated those drones but I presume it was but as I said I do not recollect any mention of binding in the process, they are two fly app using drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne