DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s & DJI RC Pro

With the new RC Pro Controller released today, does that mean the RC Pro I received with the Air 2S will now work with the Mavic 3? I just updated the RC pro to V03.01.0500 which think is the same version for the RC Pro that came with Air 2S and the standalone or the RC Pro one you get with the Mavic 3 Cine.

Reactions: Rrrick
With the new released firmware from today, yes you can fly both drones.

I got the B&H bundle with the RC Pro. I like the RC Pro but still not sure I like it better than the RC-1 with phone/tablet.
In what sense?
Initially, I bought an Air 2S Fly More Combo bundled with the Smart Controller.

Found out that, at a particular distance, my video feed was breaking up unlike when I used to fly the same distance with a DJI FPV drone.

Thinking that it was due to a mismatch between the SC and the A2S Occusync 3, I ended up selling the SC.

Bought a used RC-N1 controller and a Tripltek 8 Pro tablet.

Along with the latest update, flew my A2S at the same distance.

Video still broke up, although, I was flying 100 feet less than before. Soon as I gained more altitude, video problem went away, so I guess, the latest FW did it some good, which brings me to the point, should I get the new RC Pro?

Honestly, the improvement of getting the RC Pro over the Tripltek 8 Pro, would be the ability to do away with carrying a controller and a tablet. Additionally, I'll be able to regain an HDMI output so that I can use my DJI goggles again.

With the new RC Pro Controller released today, does that mean the RC Pro I received with the Air 2S will now work with the Mavic 3? I just updated the RC pro to V03.01.0500 which think is the same version for the RC Pro that came with Air 2S and the standalone or the RC Pro one you get with the Mavic 3 Cine.
Yep!

Not the kit. I’ve had an Air 2s for a while. I want to buy a RC pro and have it work with the Air 2s that I already own.
That's what I replied about. Sorry I wasn't clear. Again - it works with RC Pros that AREN'T bought as part of the kit. Bought stand-alone. As I did. It works with all RC Pros. Hardware-wise they're all the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Severian
I'm seeing the Air 2s now supported. Has anyone who doesn't have the kit tried this?

Yes I already had an Air 2s with standard controller, and purchased the RC Pro separately and was waiting for the promised firmware update for it to be able to pair with it. The new update worked and I’m now flying my Air 2s with the RC Pro , and it’s working great

I was flying the Air 2S today and all of a sudden, the screen just blanked out on the RC PRO controller (Bought it as a Combo kit) and then I hit the on/off button once, the app started again from the initial screen asking me to hit the 'Fly' button on the screen. And it just continued from whet it had left off. I contacted DJI support, and they are replacing the whole kit under warranty.

I have the screen timeout set to 30mins and it was fully charged. I was only about 15mins into the flight.

Has anyone had this issue happen to them?

If you leave the control ON after a few minutes of inactivity goes black until you press the power bottom. Is normal.

If you leave the control ON after a few minutes of inactivity goes black until you press the power bottom. Is normal.
It turned off midflight.... so that's my concern. My have been a one-off incident but nonetheless should not have happened. I'm happy DJI decided to replace it under warranty.

Reactions: zeusfl
It turned off midflight.... so that's my concern. My have been a one-off incident but nonetheless should not have happened. I'm happy DJI decided to replace it under warranty.
If is in the midflight is absolutely wrong. I am happy they replace it.

I just searching to find out, does the Drone Firmware Version 2.04.2040 works fine with the RC Pro latest Firmware Version or is there any issue seen there?

Yes. I'm on the latest Air 2S firmware as well as the latest RC Pro Firmware V03.01.0700, and all is well.
Thanks! I also use Firmware V03.01.0700 with Drone Firmware 2.04.2040 and it works Well!
The only thing is that Maps does not Work when not connecting to a Phone...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead