Air 2S firmware 2.04.20.40 released

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
New firmware has been released for the Air 2S. Here’s a complete list of changes:
  • Added trimmed download to DJI Fly
  • Added ability to synchronize HD photos
  • Extended time before battery enters auto-discharge after being idle from 5 to 9 days
The official release notes document is available on the Air 2S downloads page.

Reactions: hagman23
This option might appeal to some but anyone who has studied how Lipo batteries work should know the longer you leave them fully charged the faster they will become unreliable. To me I would rather have the option of choosing between 1-3-5&9 days before discharge starts. I have Lipo batteries over 5 years old and are still at 80% total capacity because I take care of them. GOing 9 days before discharge seems like asking for trouble. Smart batteries are really not that smart, the owner should be smarter.

"
  • Extended time before battery enters auto-discharge after being idle from 5 to 9 days"

Reactions: lsarribanca
New firmware has been released for the Air 2S. Here’s a complete list of changes:
  • Added trimmed download to DJI Fly
  • Added ability to synchronize HD photos
  • Extended time before battery enters auto-discharge after being idle from 5 to 9 days
The official release notes document is available on the Air 2S downloads page.
How batteries will be update to changed the discharge time?

How batteries will be update to changed the discharge time?
Install battery, run update, swap to next battery, run update... repeat until all your batteries are updated. Obviously, the drone needs to be on.

Why update? There is nothing really that makes me say, "hey, i really need that." I'll forgo this and not waist my time or risk upgrade problems.
Maybe because your batteries self-discharging after a couple of days is unnecessarily conservative?

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Maybe because your batteries self-discharging after a couple of days is unnecessarily conservative?
I use all three over a few days, continuously cycling them. They are used too often for any need of storage time. Each is cycled at least one or twice daily, unless of course I'm having some serious downtime.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman