DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

air 2s - Flight mode by default

VPARREIRA_PT

Reactions
Dear community,

Each time that I launch my air 2s, he's starting the flight mode in normal instead of the flight mode that I have in the controller. It's normal? I need to change in the controller from cine to normal and change again in o cine to have the cine that was my default...

Some of you are also facing the same issue?

Regards

Dear community,

Each time that I launch my air 2s, he's starting the flight mode in normal instead of the flight mode that I have in the controller. It's normal? I need to change in the controller from cine to normal and change again in o cine to have the cine that was my default...

Some of you are also facing the same issue?

Regards
Yes, this is normal behavior.... it has tripped me up a couple of times.

From my experience, and your mileage may vary, it seems to only happen with my Air2 if I don't give it enough time to get a good fix on satellites. So if I do a quick power on, controller connects and I have video then launch it will stay in a cine or tripod like mode until I either manually move the mode switch from the one I'm in to another and back again OR if I wait say an extra 45 to 60 seconds it seems to 'get its bearings' and allow me to fly the way I want. To me it feels like a safety feature that maybe wasn't fully fleshed out so they don't advertise it.

Sounds to me your experience is the opposite of the OP's problem. From the way I read his post his starts out in normal mode even when he has his switched to Cine mode. Correct me if I am wrong.

From my experience, and your mileage may vary, it seems to only happen with my Air2 if I don't give it enough time to get a good fix on satellites. So if I do a quick power on, controller connects and I have video then launch it will stay in a cine or tripod like mode until I either manually move the mode switch from the one I'm in to another and back again OR if I wait say an extra 45 to 60 seconds it seems to 'get its bearings' and allow me to fly the way I want. To me it feels like a safety feature that maybe wasn't fully fleshed out so they don't advertise it.
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, I'll see in the next flight but I'm pretty sure that I'm taking off only after the acquisition of the satellites...but I'll confirm.

Regards

Sounds to me your experience is the opposite of the OP's problem. From the way I read his post his starts out in normal mode even when he has his switched to Cine mode. Correct me if I am wrong.
Correct, I've the controller in cine and the drone starts in normal, in the app appears also cine but the drone is very fast, so I need to put in normal, put again in cine to have cine behaviour.

Regards

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Correct, I've the controller in cine and the drone starts in normal, in the app appears also cine but the drone is very fast, so I need to put in normal, put again in cine to have cine behaviour.

Regards
Never had the issue or noticed it on my Air2. When I have the controller set to Cine, it flies in Cine.

Yet, Cine can be pretty fast when taking off (straight up), so you may think it's in NORM. If the controller and the FlyApp both say CINE - I'd say your in CINE, but thinking it's flying in NORM due to a fast takeoff. Is this the case?

Post your log files and the guru's here may be able to tell you a bit more of what the RC / drone are doing. Again, I think your perception of "fast" in CINE mode is just that - perception.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121