DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s lense correction

wilger

Reactions
I am still having trouble finding a way to correct the lense distortion on a consistant basis for the 2S. Trees are always leaning to the outside and makes the pics unsaleable. I shouldnt have to fork out a bunch of $ to make the pic acceptable. Tried PTLens but not impressed. Would appreciate finding out what others are using and how.....Thanks

Post an example

Is this on both JPG's and DNG files?
As said above, post an example showing the distortion.

I am still having trouble finding a way to correct the lense distortion on a consistant basis for the 2S. Trees are always leaning to the outside and makes the pics unsaleable.
From the brief description it sounds like you probably have no lens distortion at all.
Your issue is caused by the way you are using the lens rather than a fault in the lens
If you are having trouble with verticals that aren't vertical in your images, you have discovered the keystone effect.
This is exaggerated by all wideangle lenses like the one on your drone's camera.

I shouldnt have to fork out a bunch of $ to make the pic acceptable. Tried PTLens but not impressed. Would appreciate finding out what others are using and how.....Thanks
Google "keystone correction" to find out how you could correct it in Photoshop.

But the easiest way to ensure your verticals stay vertical, is to shoot with your camera level - at 0°.
If it's tilted down, the trees or buildings will appear to lean outwards.
Tilt the lens up and things will lean inwards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof