DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S or wait for Mini3?

The Air 2S has proven itself in battle , in the sky , with video , in the rain. , its updated and is the go to drone.

Even if they release the Mini 3 similar to how they Released the Mavic 3 your in for a wild ride of surprises and disappointments .

So i would favor the Air 2S as its still our favorite drone for the money.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain. Land on the Water.

The Air 2S will be superior in almost every way to the Mini 3 because of its stability, size, larger camera etc.

The areas that the Mini 3 will outperform the Air 2s are in portability, the under 249g weight for places with restrictions, and low light performance with its rumored f1.7 aperture. If those things are important to you then wait to see how the Mini 3 actually performs on launch before making a decision.

Reactions: Faster
I have both the Mini 2 and the Air 2S. I love my Mini 2 and probably would buy the Mini 3 when it settles after a couple of months of release date and maybe, just maybe sell my Mini 2 (depending on what the Mini 3 brings). It is more portable and you can fly it almost everywhere. The Air 2S is a different beast. Completely different bird, more robust, with better/bigger camera and better flight capabilities. I enjoy flying both, each in its own place.

I have both the Mini 2 and the Air 2S. I love my Mini 2 and probably would buy the Mini 3 when it settles after a couple of months of release date and maybe, just maybe sell my Mini 2 (depending on what the Mini 3 brings). It is more portable and you can fly it almost everywhere. The Air 2S is a different beast. Completely different bird, more robust, with better/bigger camera and better flight capabilities. I enjoy flying both, each in its own place.
Oh well. looks like I get out the wallet.... probably keep the mini2 and buy the Air2s !

Due to a pricing error I bought an Air 2S fly more combo brand new for 877 euro. it is normally at 1299 euro.
I also have a mini 2 fly more combo brand new as well, for 420 euro bought. I didn't open any of them yet. So they can be returned easily.

I believe the mini 3 will be vastly superior as you can fly while looking up, the horizon will never tilt down under any circumstance.

The air2s will be illegal to fly in my area in 2023, also it makes much more noise.

anyway here is proof:

IMG_1772.jpeg

I really am afraid the Air2S will look like a piece of garbage once the mini 3 is revealed..

Reactions: JGRAHAM
Due to a pricing error I bought an Air 2S fly more combo brand new for 877 euro. it is normally at 1299 euro.
I also have a mini 2 fly more combo brand new as well, for 420 euro bought. I didn't open any of them yet. So they can be returned easily.

I believe the mini 3 will be vastly superior as you can fly while looking up, the horizon will never tilt down under any circumstance.

The air2s will be illegal to fly in my area in 2023, also it makes much more noise.

anyway here is proof:

View attachment 145477

I really am afraid the Air2S will look like a piece of garbage once the mini 3 is revealed..
The Air 2S won't be illegal in the OP country in 2023. He would have to add a Remote ID to it but would have to do the same thing to the Mini 3.
Im sure the Air 3S or the Mavic 4 would make the Mini 3 look like a piece garbage too and that will happen no later than 2023. Based on your reasoning nobody would bee flying just waiting for the "next thing"

The Air 2S won't be illegal in the OP country in 2023. He would have to add a Remote ID to it but would have to do the same thing to the Mini 3.
Im sure the Air 3S or the Mavic 4 would make the Mini 3 look like a piece garbage too and that will happen no later than 2023. Based on your reasoning nobody would bee flying just waiting for the "next thing"

I am only stating the current Mavic design is obsolete; no matter how good you think it is, once you fly even a little upwind, the horizon tilts down.
With mini 3, air 3 and Mavic 4 DJI will finally adres this issue. Again, I OWN both mini 2 and air 2s, but I know of their design flaws and I know at least one of them will be fixed with the mini 3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark