DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s photos softer on right side?

remotehorizons

Reactions
Site
remotehorizons.com
Is it my imagination, or do the images from the Air 2s seem a little bit softer on the right side?

I noticed a comment on the DPReview review of the drone in which someone mentioned right hand side softness. I’m carrying out some testing but can’t decide if there is something to it or it is just that comment stuck in my head!

In the meantime, here is a photo taken with the drone. 2944812D-C51C-421D-9D57-778BFC2C7A09.jpeg

I see nothing wrong with your photo.. If another site thinks they are having an issue, they may have a problem with the drone they are shooting with..

Is it my imagination, or do the images from the Air 2s seem a little bit softer on the right side?

I noticed a comment on the DPReview review of the drone in which someone mentioned right hand side softness. I’m carrying out some testing but can’t decide if there is something to it or it is just that comment stuck in my head!

In the meantime, here is a photo taken with the drone.

I think the picture is to small to determine if there is a lens problem and or details
See if you cannot post a bigger picture

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and land on the Water.

here is a recent full frame air2s image.
a little soft on both left and right edges.
otherwise pretty good.

ppD8fNM.jpg

here is a recent full frame air2s image.
a little soft on both left and right edges.
otherwise pretty good.

ppD8fNM.jpg

Agreed. Definitely a little soft on both sides but a little more on the right. Shouldn’t expect too much from small plastic lenses. I’d be disappointed if it was from a DSLR lens but still pretty good for a drone at this cost.

Now the problem I see with that picture is there does not seem to be any particular object in focus on top of the soft sides.

All lenses soften some at the corners. Wide angle ones, like the DJI suite are not immune. In addition, they show significant distortion as you move towards the corner. Distortion can be fixed in post, lack of focus you are stuck with.

High quality wide angle lenses cost upwards of $1,000. You are unlikely to get a lens of that quality on a drone that you can afford.

In addition, all the glass to make that lens will be too heavy for a consumer drone to lift.

Now the problem I see with that picture is there does not seem to be any particular object in focus on top of the soft sides.

autofocus point was probably something nearer in center of the frame, just a guess.
still, the little 22mm equiv camera, with fixed aperture, is remarkable for a consumer drone.

Reactions: itallica
Slightly soft but still looks good

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique