DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s struggled to descend in strong winds

@slup Thanks for the reply.
I found the subfolder however there is only 1 file in it ending in FLY062.DAT and has yesterdays date which corresponds to my flight yesterday.
Not sure if the file is a continuation of all the data or it only saves the latest or maybe I am looking in the wrong place.
How would you suggest that I retrieve it?
No, unfortunately it's not a continuation from previous flights if you powered down the AC in between ... a mobile device .DAT log runs from power on to off & corresponds to a mobile device .TXT log which runs from motors on to off (several .TXT's can be covered in a single .DAT though ... if you just lands & take off again without powering down the AC).

Your attached mobile device .TXT log is paired with FLY057.DAT ... it's been known for quite a while that the .DAT logs is deleted when a sync to DJI cloud service is performed ... in the FLY app you have by default auto sync turned on & that's probably why you only have yesterday's .DAT left now.

And ... no, if it's deleted from your mobile device it's gone & you can't retrieve it from some other place. It's only been one case I've heard of that DJI mailed back the .DAT on request.

@slup Thanks for the reply.
I found the subfolder however there is only 1 file in it ending in FLY062.DAT and has yesterdays date which corresponds to my flight yesterday.
Not sure if the file is a continuation of all the data or it only saves the latest or maybe I am looking in the wrong place.
How would you suggest that I retrieve it?
I am wondering if you have any further finding about this issue. I just posted several issues I had this morning. One of them is just like yours. My drone is overhead, I had the left stick all way down to lower the drone due to high wind warning. The drone would move extremely slow. Finally, I have to use "return to home" to bring it down. My flight data also shown gentle-GPS (although this is a common mode).

I suggest checking the "downward sensors" in case it mistakenly sensed an obstacle. Maybe dirty/smeared or maybe a protective film not removed? Also, as above, Sport mode will disable the sensors ( obstacle, not the downward vision which are only active very close to the ground anyway)
In my experience, it would have to be a VERY strong wind to prevent a descent.
Off-topic... but coming back against the wind will really eat up a battery and may even get to the force landing level if too far away! So keep that in mind if you do get those wind warnings

Agreed. It was the sensors most likely....probably miscalculating where he was in relation to the ground. And it was probably descending, just not as fast as he thought. Sport mode usually fixes such things.

Agreed. It was the sensors most likely....probably miscalculating where he was in relation to the ground. And it was probably descending, just not as fast as he thought. Sport mode usually fixes such things.
See post #13

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98