DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S to Mini 4 Pro?

It will be a downgrade unless you want to shoot in vertical.

<250g drones are blown away with the wind and don't have any punch at all when it comes to flight performance, they are easy to carry around and less intimidating to the general Karen, apart from that the Mini 3 and 4 fly longer than the Air2S.

If you are in Europe, the Mini 4 is limited to 120m alt, unlike the Mini 3, or any other DJI Drone.

If you want an upgrade to the Air2S pick the Mavic 3. The 4/3 is superior even if the circle of images doesn't cover the entire image (it's post-processed automatically), and the 160mm is super fun for exploration/peeping. Performance wise it flies around 30 real minutes without pushing the batteries, the motors have some punch, it's fast and doesn't care at all for the wind.

Air2S has a wider lens though.

Last edited:
It will be a downgrade unless you want to shoot in vertical.
Respectfully I don't agree with this at all. I can see the 1-inch sensor of the Air2s remaining superior to the Mini4's under some conditions, primarily low light...but I wouldn't be surprised if testing doesn't actually bear this out. I don't really pixel peep my images, but the photos from the 3x Zoom camera of my Mavic 3 Pro (not the same, but similar to the sensor in the Mini 4) seem to be just as good as those from my Air2S. And the Mini3 already has some advantages over the Air2s that the Mini4 will just pile on, such as flight time, portability, USBC battery charging (and in-drone battery charging, I assume), better obstacle tracking, etc...

I've never flown a Mini3 but it got a lot of praise for its performance in the wind and it seemed like the gap between it and the Air2s was quite minimal. I think the Mini4 will fly just fine. IMO the Mini 4 is a significant upgrade to the Air2S with *maybe* a little bit of compromise in the windiest conditions, but overall a no-brainer choice if those are your options.

But honestly if your budget/needs support an Air 3 purchase over the Mini4, I think that's the one to get and it's not particularly close.

I’ve had the A2s for over a year. Great drone. Got the Air 3 recently and rarely fly the A2s anymore. For me the advantages are the 350 OA, longer lasting battery, more range, better tracking(front, back side etc), night mode, 3x camera, hdmi to monitor. As a hobbyist, the images are good enough for me.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
People place too much emphasis on wind resistance. A lot of areas have no wind at all! And if it IS that windy you shouldn't be flying your drone anyway. Lol.

Price to benefit analysis supports the Mini 4 Pro as being crowned the king of the drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman