DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 batteries

BTDT23

Reactions
My new DJI air 3 batteries are charging very slow and/or not fully charging. I am using the DJI 60 watt charger.

@BTDT23 ,are you sure its the correct charger ,DJI lists a 65w or a 100w charger for that drone i have the 100w version which will charge the 3 batteries in the hub from 35% to full in around an hour each

At first I wasn't using a DJI charger. That's when I noticed they were charging for a long time, over 24 hours. and even that some were not charging to full capacity. That's when I bought the DJI 60watt charger. I understand the 100 watt is faster but the time and results of the charges seems that something is wrong.

@BTDT23 ,are you sure its the correct charger ,DJI lists a 65w or a 100w charger for that drone i have the 100w version which will charge the 3 batteries in the hub from 35% to full in around an hour each

Sorry you are correct, it is an 65 watt.

Reactions: old man mavic
Get a 3rd party 100w charger like Anker. Charges in a jiffy. That’s aeronautical parlance for fast.

I’m using a Cygnett 100w USB-C charger and it is super-fast. I was using the original DJI Smart Controller (1st Gen) USB-A charger and that was giving similar results to what you were getting. Ie. Over 24 hours and not fully charging all the batteries. Are you charging just the batteries in the hub, or using a second port to charge another device at the same time? Controller, phone? A lot of chargers on the market drop the power level when a second device is charged. I’ve found that the Air 3 hub needs a minimum of 65w, but charges much quicker at 100w or more.

@Dr0neP1l0t ,actually in the case of the Air 3, they charge faster in the hub than in the drone ,it probably has something to do with the fact, that the batteries get quite hot during charging ,so it maybe limits the amount of Watts, going into the battery ,when in the drone, this is especially so if the 100w charger is being used ,

Also make sure that your USB-C to USB-C cable is a high-current cable. Something like: Amazon.com

It took me a while to find a cable that would finally handle the high-current charging.

Reactions: Poogan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13