DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Combo Batteries Discharging from 100% to 58% in 30 Days?

riterb97

Reactions
My Air 3 Combo is about 4 months old, and after reviewing the battery data from Airdata and the Flight Log Viewer, I have a few major concerns.

I fully charged two of the batteries (Battery 2 & 3) on 10 September 2024. They were stored in the Combo Charging Hub and remained unused until my last flight on 10 October 2024. At takeoff, both batteries were at 58%, meaning they had discharged by 42% over the course of 30 days while sitting in the charging hub (see yellow highlight). I double-checked the log files, which confirmed this information, though there is a discrepancy in the charging times (see green highlight).

Battery 1 hasn’t been recharged since its last flight on 22 September 2024, when it landed at 51%. It further discharged to 40% while sitting in the drone over 19 days. Normally, I fully recharge my batteries on the same day after a flight, but I left this one because it still had a significant amount of power remaining.

Here are my concerns and questions:
  1. Is this normal? I doubt it. If not, what could explain such a large discharge in relatively new batteries? During all my flights, I’ve only received low battery landing warnings 2-3 times. Airdata shows the battery health at 98-99%, which makes this steep drop puzzling.
  2. What could be causing this discharge? Do others have similar experiences with their batteries?
  3. Why is there such a big discrepancy between the "Times Charged" reported by Airdata and the Log Files?
Lastly, I saw a recommendation on Airdata to "Visit MY LOGS => BATTERIES" (screenshot attached), but I can’t seem to find that option. Is it only available in the paid version?

I’d appreciate any insights or explanations anyone can provide.

Thank you!

Attachments

• BAttery info 2.jpg
    BAttery info 2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • BAttery info.jpg
    BAttery info.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes this is normal. These are intellgent batteries and have auto discharge during storage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ale.wolf