DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AIR 3 controller wont charge

370Z2017

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Just purchased another AIR 3 and found out controller wont charge. I'm using a original DJI 100 watt charger on my other AIR 3 and charging both controller and batteries charge fine. I used the same charger on the new AIR 3 batteries and charging is fine. I used the same charger on the controller but it doesn't charge. I read the similar threads on the subject and I will be sending this AIR 3 kit back to amazon. Just sayin...

Very weird.. Yep send it back if the same cable and same charger don't work..

I'm sure you've tried other chargers and cables too? I have found my controller can be temperamental and sometimes needs a lower wattage charger and different cable (like even a laptop USB out low power to kick things off)..

Just purchased another AIR 3 and found out controller wont charge. I'm using a original DJI 100 watt charger on my other AIR 3 and charging both controller and batteries charge fine. I used the same charger on the new AIR 3 batteries and charging is fine. I used the same charger on the controller but it doesn't charge. I read the similar threads on the subject and I will be sending this AIR 3 kit back to amazon. Just sayin...
I've had an RC not charge in the past. It was because, over time, the female and male charging connectors get worn out or stretched, particularly on the RC unit. I had to buy a new RC. Your problem is unusual, in that it is a new RC, right? It shouldn't do that.

Very weird.. Yep send it back if the same cable and same charger don't work..

I'm sure you've tried other chargers and cables too? I have found my controller can be temperamental and sometimes needs a lower wattage charger and different cable (like even a laptop USB out low power to kick things off)..
Yes I tried other chargers and cables and nothing changes. Its on the way back to Amazon. Thanks for the reply.

I've had an RC not charge in the past. It was because, over time, the female and male charging connectors get worn out or stretched, particularly on the RC unit. I had to buy a new RC. Your problem is unusual, in that it is a new RC, right? It shouldn't do that.
Yes its a new AIR 3. Too bad there's no fix for something like this except sending it back.

I wasn't able to charge my RC2 AT ALL. I wasn't able to activate my AIR 3. (I couldn't charge the controller) Now after reading all the issues people are having regarding charging the RC2, I now understand there is another issue in that people cant charge their RC2 controller after a new firmware install? So there are now 2 main issues?.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne