DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3--No maps show after latest upgrade

Skydriver

Reactions
Last night updated my Air3 drone and RC2 (and two extra batteries) with the newest firmware just out. Flew this morning and noted that no map data shows on the screen, just a grey background. WHOOPS--just checked again and the update had turned down the screen brightness to zero. Now those faint map lines are visible.

Last edited:
Reactions: WShade
Do you download them offline? Maybe they got flushed.. Mine didn't but anything could happen? Else maybe your wifi hotspot on your phone was not connected automatically

Last night updated my Air3 drone and RC2 (and two extra batteries) with the newest firmware just out. Flew this morning and noted that no map data shows on the screen, just a grey background. WHOOPS--just checked again and the update had turned down the screen brightness to zero. Now those faint map lines are visible.
Did you uncheck the altitude and that little icon on the right?

Do you download them offline? Maybe they got flushed.. Mine didn't but anything could happen? Else maybe your wifi hotspot on your phone was not connected automatically

Did you uncheck the altitude and that little icon on the right?
Uncheck the altitude? I am unclear about this option. Can you give more information?

I downloaded using Assistant 2 (consumer drones) and there was no problem doing so. In dark surroundings I was able to see that the maps were actually there, but very dim. I had to switch the map box to full screen, and then press on the screen so it would fully illuminate. Is this push to go to a bright screen for maps something new?

Uncheck the altitude? I am unclear about this option. Can you give more information?
When you have the screen view on the fly app open, click the lower left map so then big map opens then on the right side you will see a little legend of different zones you can click on or off you wanna click off the altitude zone that will make the map appear where it was grayed out before

Reactions: GadgetGuy
When you have the screen view on the fly app open, click the lower left map so then big map opens then on the right side you will see a little legend of different zones you can click on or off you wanna click off the altitude zone that will make the map appear where it was grayed out before
Essentially, the clear layer used to be 500m, but now that DJI has unlocked to 1000m wherever it is more than 50km from the nearest airport, that has become the only new clear layer, causing the 500m layer to be an almost opaque gray, hiding everything underneath it, until you either touch the map screen, or completely turn off the Altitude Layers. Dumb implementation, DJI!