DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 to be released in May?

DanJ

Reactions
With DJI teasing that a Mavic 3 Pro will be released next week does that mean that an overdue upgrade of the Air 2S is not far away?
Time will tell.

I am hoping for a Air 3, but not holding my breath. Some folks connected to DJI have said no Air 3c oming, Some have said this spring. I am not sure... But if not I may end up with Mavic 3 Classic, Who knows If I start getting some drone jobs That may come sooner Otherwise maybe by end of the year.

DJI has segmented each model so much I can't see why it wouldn't be on the horizon. I can't imagine anyone who owns a Mavic 3 (pick you flavor) adding an Air 3. Just my $.02

Just guessing but if no real rumors right now I would expect maybe for Christmas time instead of earlier this year.

Just guessing but if no real rumors right now I would expect maybe for Christmas time instead of earlier this year.
It always looks like DJIs "leaks" are not leaks but instead slowly released info to tease the customer.

Based upon that thinking, I doubt DJI would "leak" info about an Air3 when the Mavic 3 Pro is still not officially released (pre-orders only).

I still think that its coming soon.

Just got email back today that I had sent to DJI support Their reply to my question about a Air 3 was
"As for the DJI Air 3, we are sorry that we haven't received any news about it. We still recommend you stay tune to DJI Online Store for more further preferential information."

So take that for what its worth, I am sure that is the Offical response for the time being. So who knows when or if a Air 3 will come.

I am not so sure there will be an Air 3. What is there to improve over Air2s?
Those who want a larger sensor have the Mavic 3 Classic, and those who want a drone under 250g have the Mini 3 Pro. An prospective new Air model will have a 1" sensor, and it will weigh more than 250g. So it will be very similar to the Air 2s (which is still on sale, and a very good and well proven drone). What is there to improve? To tempt people to buy a new model DJI must make a drone with signifcant changes and improvements, things that really make buyers lust for it. And I can't really see what that should be. But DJI have surprised us before.

@waynorth Well one thing they could do is Improve Battery in order to have longer flight times and maybe add some side senors for 360 OA, and Bump next model to Occusync 4.0 Yes all that would be small improvements, But I am sure people who have a Air 2S like myself would upgrade for the Improved Flight time. But we will just have to wait and see what DJI does.
I may pull trigger today on a Mini 3 Pro....LOL it is in my DJI shopping cart. And maybe Next year get a Mavic 3 Classic. But who knows something might come out between now and then to make me change my mind.

I am not so sure there will be an Air 3. What is there to improve over Air2s?
Those who want a larger sensor have the Mavic 3 Classic, and those who want a drone under 250g have the Mini 3 Pro. An prospective new Air model will have a 1" sensor, and it will weigh more than 250g. So it will be very similar to the Air 2s (which is still on sale, and a very good and well proven drone). What is there to improve? To tempt people to buy a new model DJI must make a drone with signifcant changes and improvements, things that really make buyers lust for it. And I can't really see what that should be. But DJI have surprised us before.

Just got email back today that I had sent to DJI support Their reply to my question about a Air 3 was
"As for the DJI Air 3, we are sorry that we haven't received any news about it. We still recommend you stay tune to DJI Online Store for more further preferential information."

So take that for what its worth, I am sure that is the Offical response for the time being. So who knows when or if a Air 3 will come.
To get quicker updates it's better to check out https://twitter.com/Quadro_News and https://twitter.com/DealsDrone They both seem to be official DJI "leakers".
They often get promo stills of new products before DJI releases them. Go figure.
And today there is another new DJI product being teased.

Pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if DJI just took the Air 2S and refreshed it a bit (48 MP sensor, improved battery, OS 3+) and named it the Air 3.

So that it looks more mid-tier recreational, raise the price a little from $849 to $899. This would make for a logical product line up:

Mavic 3 Pro - $2,199
Mavic 3 Classic - $1,599
Air 3 - $899
Mini 3 Pro - $759
Mini 3 - $469

Reactions: kenjancef
It would be odd for DJI to not fill the current price gap.

DJI Air 3 Coming Soon?!? 6 Features I Want To See!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian