DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 with rc 2 controller fcc hack

macqi

Reactions
Hello,
I live in EU and in CE regulation for signal on my new drone Air 3 with rc 2 controller.
How can hack rc 2 controller to fcc mode?

why would you want to do that, the new transmission protocols in the Occusync 4, are more than you will ever need. the external antennas on the new RC2 controller have eliminated the range issues that the RC1 suffered from

why would you want to do that, the new transmission protocols in the Occusync 4, are more than you will ever need. the external antennas on the new RC2 controller have eliminated the range issues that the RC1 suffered from
well it’s not like that…on the open field with no interference at all won’t fly even 3km.
When I have mavic air 2, the same problem, but controller have fly app instaled on apple tablet and bought fcc mode fly app with no problem fly 7km.
Also with fcc mode slightly improve signal when you are behind buildings, when now signal is lost over 800m when between me and drone is building.

@macqi i am finding it very difficult to actually answer you ,without appearing to be classed as the drone police ,here on the forum
irrespective of whether or not you follow the drone rules of your country ,flying any drone in close proximity to buildings,and in your case behind them ,will cause a loss of signal between the RC and drone
this is even worse if those buildings contain lots of WIFI users in them ,i doubt right now if there is going to be any way to hack the new RC ,to do what you require ,but i suspect over time someone will probably come up with a solution

Reactions: macqi
same here @macqi

Air 3 with RC-2 built in screen.
open field, no interfences, only 2.8 KM.
How can we switch to FCC?

It also NOT possible to buy the RC-N2 separately :(
So how can we fix this??

Last edited:
There's no hack tools for air3 yet... i also waiting for it, If you had rc-n2 I could have told you to apply fcc to "tweak drone" site but it's only working for rc-n2 not rc2, Currently the only way is to wait for the air3 license to be released on "drone hack" site

Last edited:
There's no hack tools for air3 yet... i also waiting for it, If you had rc-n2 I could have told you to apply fcc to "tweak drone" site but it's only working for rc-n2 not rc2, Currently the only way is to wait for the air3 license to be released on "drone hack" site
Yes, for rc-n2 goes easily to hack with hacked app.
So we will wait, and i hope also for altitude hack.
Now in ce mode without interference made easily 7km, but realy steady and pointed rc to drone. Problem is, when you are in such distance, when you turn around and easily have lost connection.

I got less then 2km without obstruction. My mavic air 2 ce was able to do about 5km in same place. Is it something wrong with drone or rc

I got less then 2km without obstruction. My mavic air 2 ce was able to do about 5km in same place. Is it something wrong with drone or rc
With mavic air 2 i got 7,2 km with 50% battery life on fcc mode. In ce mode dies about 2km.
That O4 on rc2 is great, so in ce mode without interference and 50% battery life can be 10km 🙈

Attachments

• IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    883 KB · Views: 18
So it loook we got backwards with signal haha. Tomorrow i do some more tests but i want hold my breath for that

I am quite disappointed with the range of the AiR 3 too. In the open field, without interference, the signal broke down completely at a distance of just over a kilometer.
My Dji FPV has more range.
Also hope for a solution.

Reactions: Rob Stevenson
same disappointment here, air 3 + rc2 ,,, in the city area , signal may completely lost around 1200-1300meters altough i've direct contact with air3 .. no obstacles between us. In the lake side, village area, i did around 3400meters and had to return back, 1 bar in the antenna... RC2 + O4 seems a big marketing gimmick.
My m3p with fcc does thripple of air 3.

We must have a fcc hack for rc2 asap.

My air 3 turned up today, so let it go for a wander to see what kind if range it took to lose a bar of reception, and it was just over 8km @ 120m to drop down to 4 bars. we use fcc over here tho, so i feel abit sorry for those of you in europe who cant get over 3km. what i havent figured out is how to download offline maps. they just sit at 0% downloaded.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne