DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3S panorama samples

okephoto

Reactions
I have also shot some panoramas with the 3S. The 180 degree panos are stitched from 21 images. From what I've seen the JPEG stitched images produced in the drone are somewhat soft and lose lots of detail as well as content on the edges. These attached photos are stitched in Lightroom from the DNG files. Lightroom seems to handle the files well. No additional sharpening or denoising has been added. The original panos are about 13,700 pixels wide and have an amazing dynamic range. The pano shot at dusk has very little noise... impressive. These have been resized to 4,000 pixels.

Attachments

• PANO_0021-Pano.JPG
    PANO_0021-Pano.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • PANO_0021-PanoE.JPG
    PANO_0021-PanoE.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • PANO_0021-Pano-Edit.JPG
    PANO_0021-Pano-Edit.JPG
    547.5 KB · Views: 79
  • PANO_0021-PanoF.JPG
    PANO_0021-PanoF.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
Did you try the Free Panoramas, to avoid or minimize the bending of the horizon on the 180 degree panos.

very nice, also wondering if you played around with the Pano feature that lets you map out what you want.

I have also shot some panoramas with the 3S. The 180 degree panos are stitched from 21 images. From what I've seen the JPEG stitched images produced in the drone are somewhat soft and lose lots of detail as well as content on the edges. These attached photos are stitched in Lightroom from the DNG files. Lightroom seems to handle the files well. No additional sharpening or denoising has been added. The original panos are about 13,700 pixels wide and have an amazing dynamic range. The pano shot at dusk has very little noise... impressive. These have been resized to 4,000 pixels.

Excellent shots! I love the sun shooting through the mist and the trees. Lovely. Nice work!

Very Very Nice!

very nice, also wondering if you played around with the Pano feature that lets you map out what you want.
I played around with the free panorama mode today. I was interested in using the 70mm for panos and also quickly tried a vertical pano. There's a huge amount of flexibility available and I expect this will be my primary method of shooting panoramas in the future. All the files get saved as DNG if desired. The long vertical is 44 photos stitched together in Lightroom. 33,000 pixels wide (app. 240mb) and it has an amazing amount of detail! I have a fairly high end computer and the merges work well but I expect many computers wouldn't be very happy.

Attachments

• PANO_0005-Pano copy.JPG
    PANO_0005-Pano copy.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 21
  • PANO_0032-Pano.JPG
    PANO_0032-Pano.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: EyesWideShut
Nice!

Reactions: sarahb
I played around with the free panorama mode today. I was interested in using the 70mm for panos and also quickly tried a vertical pano. There's a huge amount of flexibility available and I expect this will be my primary method of shooting panoramas in the future. All the files get saved as DNG if desired. The long vertical is 44 photos stitched together in Lightroom. 33,000 pixels wide (app. 240mb) and it has an amazing amount of detail! I have a fairly high end computer and the merges work well but I expect many computers wouldn't be very happy.
Excellent, this is actually a reason I'm considering buying the air3s as i do a lot of sky panos that is a pain in the **** to do consistently, i also kind of hope this feature gets backwards compatible to to the Air3.

Excellent, this is actually a reason I'm considering buying the air3s as i do a lot of sky panos that is a pain in the **** to do consistently, i also kind of hope this feature gets backwards compatible to to the Air3.
The sky is the limit. The 7x telephoto on the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro can produce incredibly large and detailed panos, as others have previously demonstrated. If the stitching is being done manually anyway, it's not that much more work to do the shooting manually too, using the overlaid grid pattern for overlapping adjoining images by 1/3.

The sky is the limit. The 7x telephoto on the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro can produce incredibly large and detailed panos, as others have previously demonstrated. If the stitching is being done manually anyway, it's not that much more work to do the shooting manually too, using the overlaid grid pattern for overlapping adjoining images by 1/3.
Oh, I do it now and stich my own Panos :) I just tend to take large ones and some help keeping track of where I'm at in that process is what I'm excited for. Haven't seen them functionality but also hoping they put them in their own custom pano folder as I also tend to switch shooting around a lot lol

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Oh, I do it now and stich my own Panos :) I just tend to take large ones and some help keeping track of where I'm at in that process is what I'm excited for. Haven't seen them functionality but also hoping they put them in their own custom pano folder as I also tend to switch shooting around a lot lol
The Free Pano was first introduced by DJI in the Enterprise line. Select the area you want to use the telephoto camera on for a higher resolution image. Glad it is finally making it into the consumer line, as is the 4G enhanced transmission for obstructed OcuSync4+ signals behind buildings and other obstructions.

The Free Pano was first introduced by DJI in the Enterprise line. Select the area you want to use the telephoto camera on for a higher resolution image. Glad it is finally making it into the consumer line, as is the 4G enhanced transmission for obstructed OcuSync4+ signals behind buildings and other obstructions.
ah, didn't know it was in the old software, hope it makes it to everyone for fly app then.

ah, didn't know it was in the old software, hope it makes it to everyone for fly app then.
It has to be drone specific, rather than just an app capability, as each camera is different in terms of field of view and gimbal capability, so it is unlikely to be retroactively added to earlier aircraft. The processor and RAM also has to be able to handle the stitching of all the images, if it creates one automatically.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof