DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3S now available (more details inside)

I am disappointed it the Air 3s does not have an adjustable aperture
The Mavic line might be a better fit for your needs. They are a bit pricey in comparison though.

Reactions: ryguy80 and Erk1024
I'm not sure. DJI advertises it as "50MP Effective Pixels". I updated that above to avoid any confusion.

The thing is, if it's a quad-pixel 12MP sensor, then it would be 48MP not 50MP, right? In any case, the new 1/1.3 sensors punch way above their weight, so if this is a new 1" sensor, maybe will get that same bump in quality? Let's hope.

I'd like to see somebody do a really deep dive into the still photo quality on the main sensor with some comparisons to the Air 2s, Mavic 3, etc. I probably shouldn't care about the 12 MP / quad bayer / pixel binning stuff so much. It's just a hobby for me and at the end of the day I'm posting stuff on instagram for friends and family and occasionally making prints but I do really like playing with stuff in lightroom so I guess I'm a bit of a pixel peeper. I just don't want to feel like I'm getting a downgrade from the Air 2s in the photo quality department.

More than likely I'll end up buying it and end up more than happy.

Reactions: Erk1024

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyotic