DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3S: Advanced RTH in Complex Environments with LiDAR

Going to be interesting in the next 6 months where we get to see all the unique landing configurations and challenges to RTH this drone can manage due to a curious and risk-taking bunch we have in the community. I'm sure the videos are coming soon and I'm prepared to be impressed because even the Skydio with superior OA can't do some of these things which it sounds like the Air 3S can pull off. Either way, it's going to change the way we look at RTH and DJI Care Refresh is probably going to cover pretty much anything outside of a civil war. ;)

These two RTH videos were in my feed today. One has the A3S taking off inside the high rise building, flying through a window, and then continues to fly until the signal is lost. On the return a new message for RTH is announced - "Complex environment ahead. Continuously monitor environment during RTH." The other from Air Photography takes off under a tree canopy, flies down the trail until a clearing allows vertical ascent, flies for a few 100 m, presses RTH and the A3S navigated by itself to the take off point under the canopy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr0nk3rt