DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Battery Temp

Bummer for the AZ desert for the next 3-4 months... gonna have to go to the high country.

You can always put your batteries in the fridge preflight. Then when ready to fly, youve got a few minutes before it even gets to 100°f

Its the opposite of preheating. Precooling.

My advice... shorter flights in higher temperatures. If it's 95°f outside, I would keep my flights 4 minutes and temp the battery then. If its ok, then relaunch. Its a little more work, but will protect your battery. Really, this is only in extreme conditions. I dont trust the onboard thermometer in the battery, but its good for a general idea of the battery temp.

By the way, as opposed to the internal boards, the battery has no internal cooling, just the prop wash and airflow. The bottom of the battery gets hot, and thats where they tend to puff. Swapping batteries in extreme temperatures is helpful to prevent battery overheating.

What's interesting in this flight is that ambient temp was only 81(yesterday), the flight was 3min 58secs, AND it shows an initial temp of 123.1!!!! In five flights, that particular battery has temps over 100 in 4 flights (including those in the middle of the NW Florida "winter"). My other Phantom battery is 3 of 4 with over 100..........

Condensate gets inside because frig dried all vapor out and once exposed to brand new vapor it will get inside? Bat couldnt be hermetically sealed
Yes it is possible that humidity could cause the battery to expand but I wouldn't worry about that as much as the effect of heat expansion in the cells

How come airdata doesn't show me battery temp for any of my three batteries? It simply says "Temperature - no data was reported". I am on the free account though. So if this is only available in the paid accounts, never mind me.

Careful if you're cooling your batteries, minimum safe flight temperature is around 20C, you do not want to be flying if the batteries are lower than that.

If you absolutely have to, hover it just off the ground and watch the battery temp until it reaches a safe operating temperature.

Yes it is possible that humidity could cause the battery to expand but I wouldn't worry about that as much as the effect of heat expansion in the cells
The liquid condensate wreak havoc inside printed circuit board exposed contacts by bridging over voltage carrying conductor surface with absolute ground

Boy, this seriously DEvolved from the original questions........ LOL

The problem is that (on page 1) there are several contradictory answers to the questions so they were never truly answered before it went into the temperature tangent.

The problem is that (on page 1) there are several contradictory answers to the questions so they were never truly answered before it went into the temperature tangent.

Try calling DJI for an answer. You can talk to 10 different people and get 10 different contradictory answers.

See response to your new thread. Maybe you should abandon ship on this thread.

Sometimes after an initial topic question is answered, the thread spins off on to a related topic. Happens all the time.
Yeah, i guess thats enveloped discussion. reciting surgical focusing toward theme, emphasis normally would profound that. Here: how much radiated shield mass ? Disregarding interference capping, just how much mass involved suppressing radiated energies?
And theme eventually finds substance: no wonder flight twentyone minutes cant achieve favored.
Is the battery electronics shielded by mass? Or battery radiated energies are insignificant?
Are Air batteries supposed to give temperature readings? I have four batteries and, when I load flight data to Airdata, only one posts reading? The one shows a high temp of 132 degrees, the other three all show 32 degrees (default?).
Do I have one "bad" battery or three OR, is there a flight time minimum before temps are reported?
Thanks for your help.
You may already furthered complication swapping running it chkg it.
Unusual condition warrants immediate shutdown investigate. Dont trust until sure. Fly close using known good equip. Drill down in menu flying is imbilscillic viewing battery temp. Its unusual condition when out of spec, temperature rating range of

There is a battery menu in the G04 app that shows individual cell voltage and temperature. You can also get it to always display the voltage of the lowest voltage cell on the flight screen at all times which is something I recommend everyone enable - it might let you notice a possible crash before it happens.
Yes he fixed your suspense temperature

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs