DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Battery Temp

RickMz

Reactions
Are Air batteries supposed to give temperature readings? I have four batteries and, when I load flight data to Airdata, only one posts reading? The one shows a high temp of 132 degrees, the other three all show 32 degrees (default?).
Do I have one "bad" battery or three OR, is there a flight time minimum before temps are reported?
Thanks for your help.

Are Air batteries supposed to give temperature readings?
Yes

when I load flight data to Airdata, only one posts reading?
I assume you are using an Android device to fly with.
(These devices are not recording battery temps as they should)

When using an IOS device, battery temps are recorded as expected.

I assume you are using an Android device to fly with.
(These devices are not recording battery temps as they should)

When using an IOS device, battery temps are recorded as expected.

I'm using a Crystal Sky (android based), I did use an iPad mini at one time. However, my Phantom 4 batteries do report temp on the same CS. Is this due to a battery upgrade/firmware update? Thanks again.

Is this due to a battery upgrade/firmware update?
No, it's just a DJI bug.

All my other non-Mavic aircraft create the battery temps as it should be.

I never let my battery exceed 120°f. It can cause permanent damage. You might get yourself a temperature gun, every pilot should have one.

I never let my battery exceed 120°f. It can cause permanent damage. You might get yourself a temperature gun, every pilot should have one.
Agree - but how are you gonna check the temp mid-flight with the temp. gun? :cool:

Reactions: ABHIII
I fly with Android devices (both my phone and a Smart Controller w/M2P) and have always got accurate battery temps on the Air and the M2P.

Interesting, I would think the CS would behave the same as any other android device but, between the 8 batteries (Air and M2P) and 25 flights, I only have 4 temp readings and NONE while using the CS. Are you using Airdata to extract the temp info (eg, could it be an Airdata issue)?

Interesting, I would think the CS would behave the same as any other android device but, between the 8 batteries (Air and M2P) and 25 flights, I only have 4 temp readings and NONE while using the CS. Are you using Airdata to extract the temp info (eg, could it be an Airdata issue)?

I'm just looking at the battery temperature in the (Android) GO4 app in both cases. Always been accurate as best I can tell.

I would think the CS would behave the same as any other android device
NO - this is a stripped down Android made by DJI.

I checked my Airdata flight logs. All Mavic logs created by CS do not have temperature data.
All other aircrafts like the M100 or M200 flown with CS have the correct data.

No, it's just a DJI bug.

All my other non-Mavic aircraft create the battery temps as it should be.

Strange... My Spark reported temp info on 6 out of 9 flights and the 3 that it did not, don't show any similarities. The Phantom has always reported (always been on CS).

I'm just looking at the battery temperature in the (Android) GO4 app in both cases. Always been accurate as best I can tell.
It's a CS problem - 'Normal' Androids are not affected. Just x-checked.

OK, showing my ignorance here (or the CS doesn't work the same as a "regular" android device.
Where do you find the temp data on the Go4 app? All I see when I drill down on the records is: Date, travel distance, time, height, distance, Horiz speed, and Vert. speed.

Are Air batteries supposed to give temperature readings? I have four batteries and, when I load flight data to Airdata, only one posts reading? The one shows a high temp of 132 degrees, the other three all show 32 degrees (default?).
Do I have one "bad" battery or three OR, is there a flight time minimum before temps are reported?
Thanks for your help.
The flight application will inform during flight temperature exceed threshold. Don't you think programmers would include potential arising?

OK, showing my ignorance here (or the CS doesn't work the same as a "regular" android device.
Where do you find the temp data on the Go4 app? All I see when I drill down on the records is: Date, travel distance, time, height, distance, Horiz speed, and Vert. speed.

There is a battery menu in the G04 app that shows individual cell voltage and temperature. You can also get it to always display the voltage of the lowest voltage cell on the flight screen at all times which is something I recommend everyone enable - it might let you notice a possible crash before it happens.

Agree - but how are you gonna check the temp mid-flight with the temp. gun? :cool:

My advice... shorter flights in higher temperatures. If it's 95°f outside, I would keep my flights 4 minutes and temp the battery then. If its ok, then relaunch. Its a little more work, but will protect your battery. Really, this is only in extreme conditions. I dont trust the onboard thermometer in the battery, but its good for a general idea of the battery temp.

By the way, as opposed to the internal boards, the battery has no internal cooling, just the prop wash and airflow. The bottom of the battery gets hot, and thats where they tend to puff. Swapping batteries in extreme temperatures is helpful to prevent battery overheating.

My advice... shorter flights in higher temperatures. If it's 95°f outside, I would keep my flights 4 minutes and temp the battery then. If its ok, then relaunch. Its a little more work, but will protect your battery. Really, this is only in extreme conditions. I dont trust the onboard thermometer in the battery, but its good for a general idea of the battery temp.

By the way, as opposed to the internal boards, the battery has no internal cooling, just the prop wash and airflow. The bottom of the battery gets hot, and thats where they tend to puff. Swapping batteries in extreme temperatures is helpful to prevent battery overheating.
I believe that battery is of expansive captived construct meaning inside has accommodation for swelling of the constituents. The casing is meant as hazard containment during casualty impact disintegration. By casing, the containment principle is accomplished, but wicking heat outwards still needs redesign, called heat pipe

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs