DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air data/tablet compatability?

Mt-Ed

Reactions
Because I found my phone screen to be so difficult to see when flying, I decided to upgrade to a tablet. I have verified that my tablet works fine with my MA2, but what I'd like to know is, if anyone else out there is using a tablet and airdata to record their flight data? I was under the impression that my phone was what transferred my data to airdata, but I'm not sure the tablet will perform the same function?
I have the airdata app already installed on both my phone and tablet, so I'm thinking it should work, although I suppose the proof will be in the puddin' and just go out and take a flight to find out for sure. Thanks for any insights offered!!

Because I found my phone screen to be so difficult to see when flying, I decided to upgrade to a tablet. I have verified that my tablet works fine with my MA2, but what I'd like to know is, if anyone else out there is using a tablet and airdata to record their flight data? I was under the impression that my phone was what transferred my data to airdata, but I'm not sure the tablet will perform the same function?
I have the airdata app already installed on both my phone and tablet, so I'm thinking it should work, although I suppose the proof will be in the puddin' and just go out and take a flight to find out for sure. Thanks for any insights offered!!
All your tablet would need to communicate with Airdata is some kind of internet connectivity.
And it's impossible to buy a tablet without wifi so you won't have any issues.

Thanks M4, yes, it has wifi which is what I use to download apps and what not. Thanks very much!!

Which tablet are you using? I have also been considering switching to a tablet.

Hi Reidkon, I have the Samsung Tab S7+. It has a 12" screen and to be honest, it was very expensive. If I were just going to use it as a drone monitor, there are far less expensive alternatives. I also had to purchase a longer USB C-C cable (I got it at Wally World and it said right on the package that it was or two way power/data transfer). I will be using my tablet for other operations, which played an important part in justifying the extra cost. I have to tell you, having the larger screen (4X the size of my phone) makes a world of difference in seeing details when flying, that I could NEVER see with just the phone! I was hoping that the tablet would also be easier to see out in the sunlight, but it is no better, in this regard, than my phone. Consequently, I broke out the "handyman's" favorite tools (cardboard and duct tape), and fashioned a sunshield around my tablet, and the "shadow box" effect makes the images on the screen really pop!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada