DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Encoder Error (0x800000) on 10 month old Mavic

Jeto

Reactions
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has experienced this Air Encoder (0x800000) error on their mavics which have been previously performing as per normal?

I've owned my Mavic since January and undertaken more flights than I can remember without a single Mavic error!

Lately however, I've run into the above mentioned...

At first, I would try resetting the AirCraft and RemoteControl multiple times, removing the battery, changing the battery, popping out the sim card and re-inserting it. Eventually the video feed would come to life in the DJI Go app and work as normal for the length of the flight.

I've googled and found a lot of pages with others experiencing this particular error and many times this has appeared to be an SD card issue. I've tested on 3 different cards (including the one which came with the Mavic) and continued to run into the encoder error. Even sector scanning and formatting into a different format on a PC and then re-formatting it on the AC to correct any formatting issues, no joy!

I've also restored factory settings on the firmware and re-flashed the firmware.

What I have found through a lot of testing is, if I power on the AC after it's been sitting for a while, I get the error 100% of the time, which has no video feed/control. Also, the exposure number ie: 0,+1.0, +2.0 etc, does not show on the RC when this error happens. In DJI Go it shows 'No SD Card' or video feed

If I let the Mavic sit there and warm up for about 1-2 minutes, power down and power up again, the video feed appears in DJI Go and the error disappears for as long as the AC remains warm... The exposure numbers re-appear on the RC.
I can change batteries and fly again with no issues as long as it's warm.

When I let it cool down for say 30 minutes, the error message returns upon the next power on.

It almost seems as though this newly developed issue relates to perhaps an internal connection needing the heat to expand and complete the circuit or something of the sort..

It feels like it's only a matter of time before this method of 'patience and waiting' before take off will stop working and my Mavic will be useless for any camera work.

Firmware is .700
DJI Go versions 4.1.3-4.1.9 have all been tested, all with have same issue. The problem appears to be hardware related from what I can make of it.

Never crashed/dropped, always transported with the gimble clamp and cover.

Anyone have any ideas or have experienced this phenomenon?

I've also posted this on the DJI forum, the first response was to send it in... Trying to avoid that as I'm currently travelling Europe and well, we all appreciate that we want our drones whilst travelling :)

Reactions: kidroc
Hi,
as an electronics expert i would like to say that some damaged or weared out components may not function properly when cold. The opposite can happens too, some components work when cold and not anymore when warm. So IMHO I think that it may be an hardware related problem.
So before saying for sure that this issue may be due to an electronic component , I would like to check internal connectors. Temperature can produce a thermal dilatation of some contacts and change the way they touch each other. Maybe a simple contact cleaning may solve the problem.
I hope this may help someway.

Reactions: Jeto and ZUCSTA
Hi,
as an electronics expert i would like to say that some damaged or weared out components may not function properly when cold. The opposite can happens too, some components work when cold and not anymore when warm. So IMHO I think that it may be an hardware related problem.
So before saying for sure that this issue may be due to an electronic component , I would like to check internal connectors. Temperature can produce a thermal dilatation of some contacts and change the way they touch each other. Maybe a simple contact cleaning may solve the problem.
I hope this may help someway.

Thanks for the info!
I tried updating to the latest firmware to see if there was any change, just to make sure I left no stone un-turned...

The past couple of times I tested today I would get an initial video signal which would freeze in app and stop working after about 1 second.

I'd then patiently wait for the bottom of the Mavic to get warm, reboot only the AC while leaving the RC and App running, and the video feed and gimble functionality returns.

Bit of a bummer at this stage!

Thanks for the info!
I tried updating to the latest firmware to see if there was any change, just to make sure I left no stone un-turned...

The past couple of times I tested today I would get an initial video signal which would freeze in app and stop working after about 1 second.

I'd then patiently wait for the bottom of the Mavic to get warm, reboot only the AC while leaving the RC and App running, and the video feed and gimble functionality returns.

Bit of a bummer at this stage!
Hello, are you solved a problem. I have same problem now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121