DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air rising

MAGA

Reactions
hey folks, I hope all is well, question,
I took my Mav A to a place that was not kind to a lesser drone, based on its remote location and only 3 satellite connection , a gorge / waterfall. compass calibration required and failed 3 times, magnetic surface warning, I was on rock no pipes or metal, metal in the rocks maybe ? the drone was stable for the most part 99% except for this one 15x15 foot area where the drone rose up on its own so I had to keep the controller stick down, reflection from the water? or something else, I think i read a warning that the drone needed a minimum altitude , I was no where near the cliff, thoughts ?

hey folks, I hope all is well, question,
I took my Mav A to a place that was not kind to a lesser drone, based on its remote location and only 3 satellite connection , a gorge / waterfall. compass calibration required and failed 3 times, magnetic surface warning, I was on rock no pipes or metal, metal in the rocks maybe ? the drone was stable for the most part 99% except for this one 15x15 foot area where the drone rose up on its own so I had to keep the controller stick down, reflection from the water? or something else, I think i read a warning that the drone needed a minimum altitude , I was no where near the cliff, thoughts ?
It's always easier to work out what happened with a look at the recorded flight data.
It usually has a lot more detail than we can remember.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly