DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air specific LUTs

Jameslavis

Reactions
Anyone found LUTs that work well with d-cin? Mavic Pro LUTs work best with dlog. Wonder if anyone used spectrums pack?

I bought the Air Luts this afternoon, tried them and wow they work awesome for the air's dcine. I watched their tutorial on how to apply them and viola.

their tutorial

Reactions: Andyp247
Never really understood luts, just learn color grading and make your own?

Absolutely. Color grading works just fine but sometimes takes a while to get a good stylized look so a lut can be a bit of a benefit i guess.

I use DaVinci resolve to grade but there have been Mavic LUTs that pair pretty perfectly. Now the cheap LUTs always suck. Here’s my finds.

I scanned all around looking for the pros and the camera settings they use. Now the film poets on YouTube had some pretty great research and a paired lut. I ran their settings and graded it on my own. Then I ran the same footage and used the lut. Very very close. Couldn’t recommend their settings or lut more. Gotta say, ungraded shots look like crap. Graded, darn good.

That film poets one is nice. Seems more like it’s for correction and from there you can make a stylized look if you choose but definitely good settings.

Ya I use their workflow and it’s the closest to working off dlog and doing post correction. Some folks will try and shoot clean without post. To me post work videos always look better.

Guys, I'm very happy with the SpectrumGrades LUT's. They are brilliantly optimized for the Mavic Air footage and have incredible color styles that are almost impossible to achieve for the normal user and are really easy to use. The general feedback with everyone using them as been highly praised. Check out the examples of them being used. Highly recommended.... www.SpectrumGrades.com

Like any LUT one has to do some tweaks to get the look you like. So what I often do is adjust my contrast, highlights and shadows and lower saturation a bit to get the look that suites my style.
Occasionally adjust temperature and other small tweaks. This is pretty normal behaviour to use luts but its as easy as adjusting your image like you would in a photo editing app like instagram

Here some sample videos...

Here's a tutorial on how to use them...

Great to see. I’ve run filmpoets settings and their lut. I haven’t been able to see or do better. Plus this guy is repping dji at events. Will check these out

Guys, I'm very happy with the SpectrumGrades LUT's. They are brilliantly optimized for the Mavic Air footage and have incredible color styles that are almost impossible to achieve for the normal user and are really easy to use. The general feedback with everyone using them as been highly praised. Check out the examples of them being used. Highly recommended.... www.SpectrumGrades.com

Which ones did you get? The Drone ones or the Spark ones? I'm really new to all of this, and don't get what the differences might be. Didn't see any mention of Air specific on their site.

Which ones did you get? The Drone ones or the Spark ones? I'm really new to all of this, and don't get what the differences might be. Didn't see any mention of Air specific on their site.
There is a good selection of luts for the mavic air. Each one has their own color style and pick from the ones that work best for the type of footage you're filming. My recommendation would be to not pay a high amount for luts when you're new to all this because most beginners will just throw a lut on their footage without properly adjusting the shadows, mids, and highlights then they'll think luts are useless. I also recommend you to use nd filters so your footage can have a nice balance in shadows, mids, and highlights. And like most guys here recommend: use the d cinelike profile to get the best results. I think all luts recommended in this thread are fantastic and you wouldn't go wrong with any of them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green