DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Air2 - Mingo Falls Video on a rather chilly morning

tlswift58

Reactions
A couple of drone / photography buddies and I decided to do some local waterfalling yesterday. One buddy had flow he day before and had rigged a Mavic Pro with a GoPro and guess what - it crashed due to weight / distribution. He found the drone sloshing around in the creek below the falls, but not the GoPro. So, we decided to go back so he could "look" for the GoPro in freezing water and I could fly my Air2 and another buddy has an older Mavic Pro.

I'm still getting the hang of moving all the joysticks and gimbal all at the same time - I'm 62 BTW - watching the drone to not crash / etc.

Not great, but very few people drone this waterfall for whatever reason. Also GPS was super limited, so only got to fly max altitude of 98 feet - which got me close to top of waterfall anyway.

Last edited:
A couple of drone / photography buddies and I decided to do some local waterfalling yesterday. One buddy had flow he day before and had rigged a Mavic Pro with a GoPro and guess what - it crashed due to weight / distribution. He found the drone sloshing around in the creek below the falls, but not the GoPro. So, we decided to go back so he could "look" for the GoPro in freezing water and I could fly my Air2 and another buddy has an older Mavic Pro.

I'm still getting the hang of moving all the joysticks and gimbal all at the same time - I'm 62 BTW - watching the drone to not crash / etc.

Not great, but very few people drone this waterfall for whatever reason. Also GPS was super limited, so only got to fly max altitude of 98 feet - which got me close to top of waterfall anyway.
Great video! (NOT here).

• Sad
Reactions: tlswift58
Just posted. Figuring out how to load videos here.
The Mavic Pilots web site cannot load the size of a video. You need to upload your video to either You Tube or Vimeo. Vimeo has a free plan. www.vimeo.com
Just go to their site and register as a user (free plan allows 5 GB. Then drag your clip into the frame and fill out the boxes of required information. Once it is processed by Vimeo, you will get an e-mail. Use their name for your video to post to this forum.

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 9.31.50 AM.jpg

Wow, that’s a lot of stuff to get tangled up in! Especially for a new pilot.

It is a bit tricky, but was there with a drone racer buddy of mine. He flew first, so got a good feel of what was possible. There was plenty of clear overhead, had I been able to acquire some satellites and get out of the "bowl" we were in - but no such luck and did not stay up at 98 feet long enough to probably get them. About 32 degrees and it was cold!

I am far more conservative than my drone racer buddy and esp when I'm first up flying. Yet, when someone who has massive skills flies before you - you can see what they do and kind of imitate it and be less conservative.

I flew in Tallulah Falls State Park yesterday and he was not with me. Flying down 500 feet inside a gorge with lots of trees was nerve wracking, but did come up with some good pics / videos. My depth perception is not great as well, so flying at Mingo was pretty easy as it was close - unlike flying in Tallulah Falls where I'm way down and a good 1000 or so fee out and can't make out really how close I am to rock walls / etc.

The Mavic Pilots web site cannot load the size of a video. You need to upload your video to either You Tube or Vimeo. Vimeo has a free plan. www.vimeo.com
Just go to their site and register as a user (free plan allows 5 GB. Then drag your clip into the frame and fill out the boxes of required information. Once it is processed by Vimeo, you will get an e-mail. Use their name for your video to post to this forum.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 123365
Yep, did VIMEO after doing a tad bit of research on the site.

Thanks

Wow, wrong video got uploaded. Hate being 62 and a newbie at VIMEO and this great page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada