DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2S and Litchi POI Orbit sideways jerky

Ran the same mission today but tripled the speed. Total disaster as for jerky video. So if your going to want a smoother final render then slower the better IMO.

Reactions: Tufargon
Ran the same mission today but tripled the speed. Total disaster as for jerky video. So if your going to want a smoother final render then slower the better IMO.
I'll definately agree with that. I ran one mission at full speed just for fun and when it came out of the last turn to the final LONG straight away it kept zig zagging trying to get to the last point.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Ya it kind of reminded me of the old X-star orbit, Like it was always trying to catch up.
Running the video through DaVinci Resolve to see if I can stabilize it. Not that it really matters for the Air 2S and I have other options but it would be nice to get a better result in Litchi.

Ya it kind of reminded me of the old X-star orbit, Like it was always trying to catch up.
Running the video through DaVinci Resolve to see if I can stabilize it. Not that it really matters for the Air 2S and I have other options but it would be nice to get a better result in Litchi.
That big tank was fun to fly :)
I think you nailed it though. Our only way to get it to work better is slow and more waypoints. What really bothers me though is the Mavic air 1 had waypoints and we have virtual sticks. I may just pick one up after I get my controller just for that.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
From what I can tell there is a slight improvement stabilizing it but it still looks like it is always trying to catch up.

I did take that video and ran it through "3DF Zephyr" which has the option to use video instead of photos for photogrammetry 3d scanning. Actually did pretty good considering my lack of knowledge for adjustments in the program.
Here is a screen shot.

screenshot.jpg

OK it now has 90 waypoints all focused on the POI which is the house. All waypoints are 98 feet. You can change the radius of the orbit in Litchi hub to what ever you want. Hope this helps.
Same thing change the txt back to CVS
View attachment 144851
Hey.

Thanks for the above. I'll be testing this out in the next few days so I'll let you know how it goes.

- In the meantime: In the case of when you plan the mission in Mission Hub - how does one know the gimbal is in the right place (and this could be related to the "gimbal issue for Air2S and Litchi in beta"). So if I create a POI while flying the drone itself (i.e. not in Mission Hub) I can see on my phone that my gimbal is good and I've the house etc. framed properly and specifically the way I want, i.e. I might want to have the gimbal titled up a little to reveal the background hills behind house, i.e. you know when you see it on your phone. Not sure how the mission hub does this?

- Also when I created another new mission - i.e. a waypoints mission (which is ONLY photographs) I'd 4 or 5 points and I had set to take photo at each. It only took a photo for the very first one. Though when I then (on the app, in the field) updated to not use "curved turns" it seems to work. Guessing it's the fact of beta and there are still bugs

Thanks Ronan.

Thanks Ro

Flying slower helps smooth it out some.

I have found that creating an orbit using a POI mission is smoother then using the built in Orbit.
Hey - how do you do an orbit using a POI mission. Do you mean in Mission Hub you set your POI and then manually create waypoints in a circle (as best a circle as one can do) around it ? Or is there a way in the Mission Hub you can get the POI circle to draw?
thanks Ro

OK it now has 90 waypoints all focused on the POI which is the house. All waypoints are 98 feet. You can change the radius of the orbit in Litchi hub to what ever you want. Hope this helps.
View attachment 144851
Hey,

I imported your CSV file into Mission Hub (i.e the Import Open). When I do this it shows as below - looks a bit wrong? Maybe something went wrong with the upload. The CSV file when I view it looks ok from what I can tell.

Any thoughts?

1647289310934.png

Thanks Ronan.

Hey,

I imported your CSV file into Mission Hub (i.e the Import Open). When I do this it shows as below - looks a bit wrong? Maybe something went wrong with the upload. The CSV file when I view it looks ok from what I can tell.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 145275

Thanks Ronan.
You did something wrong. It worked fine for me. Renamed the .txt to only one dot .csv.

View attachment 144851
Doh , my mistake. I forgot to rename the TXT file to CSV. Works now and imports great - thanks! I'll be trying it out tomorrow so I'll let you guys know how it goes and how smooth the video is etc
Thanks Ro

I did take that video and ran it through "3DF Zephyr" which has the option to use video instead of photos for photogrammetry 3d scanning. Actually did pretty good considering my lack of knowledge for adjustments in the program.
Here is a screen shot.

View attachment 144941
I'm gonna run your mission that I tweaked for the place I go and run it through 3DF Zephyr also just for fun.
How do you think 5 mph would be?

View attachment 144851
Hey,

I tried the mission yesterday, i.e. the one you updated for me. I stabilize it in Da Vinci Resolve. I'll provide a YouTube link tonight so you can see the stabilized result. It was a lot smoother but still a tad jerky when turning.

I tried then doing something like this, not an orbit I know but the more straight lines and the resulting video was smoother (as it's somewhat of a pan).

1647436728822.png

The jerkiness is almost impossible to get rid of.
It's due to how virtualsticks is implemented in fw. Been like that since the phantom4 at least.

Sometimes it helps to do a compass calibration.

It's a shame dji don't fix this.

Dronelink has some info about it:
Yeah it's such a shame, as it's the only thing about Litchi I don't like right now. And DJI Go's POI is smooth as butter. I might end up doing less POI type shots (for video) and more pan or approach shots (for video) to reduce the sideways jerkiness.

Same experience for me regarding jerky video and Litchi, with my Mavic Air 2 as well as with the Mini 2. As others already mentioned: as long as Litchi will depend on Virtual Sticks, I'm afraid we have to deal with this limitations.

In comparison, with my old Mavic Pro 1 and Litchi, the waypoint mission was first uploaded to the aircraft and then started, resulting in super smooth videos, and will - depending on your settings - continue the mission even when the connection to the aircraft is lost. In this respect, I am quite disappointed after my first tests with Mavic Air 2 and Mini 2.

And if that won't improve - and I guess without being able to upload a mission upfront, there is not much "room for improvement" - I decided for myself to refrain from using waypoint missions with Litchi (and instead continue testing other features, e.g. the tracking option with the Mini 2).

There are different implementations of virtual sticks with some (Maven) reportedly resulting in smoother flights.

Can anybody comment on the quality of "Maven"?

Hi Guys,

I'm using the Air2S and have started experimenting with Litchi (had typically used DJI Go App)

I know the Litchi support for Air2S has only in recent months been released (and it possible still is in beta) ?

When I started the Litchi app I got a popup warning was along the lines of there is a known gimbal issue which will be addressed - so this may well be my issue

AfterI do my POI/orbit, when I look at the recorded video (from the SD card, it's an sd extreme one) the POI isn't too smooth (i.e. like it would be super smooth doing the same in DJI Go) and is a little sideways jerky - is this the same "gimbal" issue that's referenced when I start the app ?

Also does anyone know when we might expect the issue to be fixed?

Any thoughts/guidance would be great!

Thanks Ro

i've tried Litchi repeatdly; always jumpy; wish it worked nonetheless. www.davethedroneguy.com

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada