DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2S - Cine mode too fast

Ah Ha!! And I thought I had a problem with my new RC Controller as it indicated N mode when the switch was set to C mode. I will try changing modes then back to C mode to see if that sets C mode as it should. It seems this is a bug that needs to be fixed.
The RC N1 works the same way. Don't know why, but seems DJI views it as a feature, not a bug.

This is most likely the issue. You should note that when your drone starts, the screen will briefly say what mode you're in.
Even if it's set in cine, it will ALWAYS start in normal mode. Just switch it quickly to something other than cine, then back to cine. Watch the screen flash to a faster mode then to cine.
Problem solved...

It is interesting though, how much faster normal mode is than cine. I usually fly in cine, but if I want to bring the drone back faster, I'll switch to normal, and be amazed at how much faster it moves.
Oh man, this make so much sense. I was flying yesterday and all the turns are so crazy jerky and I could figure out why. I even hovered and lowered the controls for cinemode, but I didn't try moving out of cinemode and back.

Within the Fly app you can adjust the control curve for each stick function, essentially you can make the low speed end of the curve larger, gentler. This gets you the ability to retain control at the slow end of the stick travel. You can set the control curves for each mode individually. I've done this for the Cine mode, specifically to give me slower more controllable movements. Works fine for me, I can get it to crawl down in the foot-per-second range. I don't find this to be an issue unless flying very close to objects or the ground, though, where perspective exaggerates movement of close objects. I flew a test where the path was up a hill at much slower than walking speed, well below 1mph.
I watched quite a few videos on stick settings and none of them mention the control curve settings. Logically this seems like such a great way to control this. Was it added with a later firmware version?

I watched quite a few videos on stick settings and none of them mention the control curve settings. Logically this seems like such a great way to control this. Was it added with a later firmware version?
The Cine mode exponential settings were added with the 1.7.8 update.

Reactions: Xitor
Don't want to beat a dead thread, but boy howdy, was playing with the control curves jphoto mentioned and they make the drone so much easier to fly for footage, at least for my untrained fingers!

Hey Guys,

Was shooting some footage for a client recently (Air2S - firmware a few months old).

I'm finding the Cine mode way too fast.

Is there any way of slowing it down ? I'm not referring to the gimbal operation while in cine mode but just mean the speed when your flying forward and backwards for example

As a workaround I could shoot in 60fps and slow down the footage in post but don't really want to do this if I don't have too

Thanks Ro
Ro,

I notice that I always have to cycle from Normal to Cine to Sport at every boot up. For some reason, at first flight my Normal selection is always faster than Sport. Once I cycle through all the speed settings, it feels normal again. My A2S has always been this way, thought it was normal.

Regards,

Gerry

Reactions: Xitor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143