DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2S - Cine mode too fast

RonanCork

Reactions
Hey Guys,

Was shooting some footage for a client recently (Air2S - firmware a few months old).

I'm finding the Cine mode way too fast.

Is there any way of slowing it down ? I'm not referring to the gimbal operation while in cine mode but just mean the speed when your flying forward and backwards for example

As a workaround I could shoot in 60fps and slow down the footage in post but don't really want to do this if I don't have too

Thanks Ro

When you're connected and ready to fly, if you go into the settings menu (the upper right), there is a "control" tab and then "advanced gimbal settings" that has sliders for yaw sensitivity to smooth out and slow down your inputs, but obviously just having a light touch on the controls is the most important way to keep your speed down.

Last edited:
When you're connected and ready to fly, if you go into the settings menu (the upper right), there is a "control" tab and then "advanced gimbal settings" that has sliders for yaw sensitivity to smooth out and slow down your inputs, but obviously just having a light touch on the controls is the most important way to keep your speed down.

Hey - thanks but it's not to smoothing down of the gimbal movements but it's to slow down the actual speed of the drone when it's flying forward / backwards etc. I find it sometime a challenge to fly "slow" with a steady speed in cine mode
Thanks Ro

Hey - thanks but it's not to smoothing down of the gimbal movements but it's to slow down the actual speed of the drone when it's flying forward / backwards etc. I find it sometime a challenge to fly "slow" with a steady speed in cine mode
Thanks Ro
Yeah, I guess I was implying there's no way to do that, so you're basically limited to lowering the input sensitivity. DJI used to do "tripod" mode that was really slow and there have been a lot of efforts to get them to bring it back.

One thing to consider, that I have not personally tried, is if you're taking off in C, the drone will apparently act as if it's in N. So try taking off in N and then switching to C?

Yeah, I guess I was implying there's no way to do that, so you're basically limited to lowering the input sensitivity. DJI used to do "tripod" mode that was really slow and there have been a lot of efforts to get them to bring it back.

One thing to consider, that I have not personally tried, is if you're taking off in C, the drone will apparently act as if it's in N. So try taking off in N and then switching to C?
Cine mode is Tripod mode renamed. There have been a number of discussions where I've seen this complaint. And even I've thought its been too fast, and I think it should be a setting you can adjust. But not yet. The best you can do is manage your speed from the stick...

This is most likely the issue. You should note that when your drone starts, the screen will briefly say what mode you're in.
Even if it's set in cine, it will ALWAYS start in normal mode. Just switch it quickly to something other than cine, then back to cine. Watch the screen flash to a faster mode then to cine.
Problem solved...

It is interesting though, how much faster normal mode is than cine. I usually fly in cine, but if I want to bring the drone back faster, I'll switch to normal, and be amazed at how much faster it moves.

Within the Fly app you can adjust the control curve for each stick function, essentially you can make the low speed end of the curve larger, gentler. This gets you the ability to retain control at the slow end of the stick travel. You can set the control curves for each mode individually. I've done this for the Cine mode, specifically to give me slower more controllable movements. Works fine for me, I can get it to crawl down in the foot-per-second range. I don't find this to be an issue unless flying very close to objects or the ground, though, where perspective exaggerates movement of close objects. I flew a test where the path was up a hill at much slower than walking speed, well below 1mph.

Attachments

• control curves.png
    control curves.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 21
I have noticed in general that the A2S is significantly faster than the MA2 and when trying to fly slower it can be more difficult. @jphoto has a good idea about tweaking the expo of the sticks in the appropriate mode. I'm going to try this myself.

Reactions: RonanCork
This is most likely the issue. You should note that when your drone starts, the screen will briefly say what mode you're in.
Even if it's set in cine, it will ALWAYS start in normal mode. Just switch it quickly to something other than cine, then back to cine. Watch the screen flash to a faster mode then to cine.
Problem solved...

It is interesting though, how much faster normal mode is than cine. I usually fly in cine, but if I want to bring the drone back faster, I'll switch to normal, and be amazed at how much faster it moves.
I can check tomorrow but I'm fairly sure I always launch the drone and start first morning in N and then switch to C. Will let you know though
Thanks ! Ro

Within the Fly app you can adjust the control curve for each stick function, essentially you can make the low speed end of the curve larger, gentler. This gets you the ability to retain control at the slow end of the stick travel. You can set the control curves for each mode individually. I've done this for the Cine mode, specifically to give me slower more controllable movements. Works fine for me, I can get it to crawl down in the foot-per-second range. I don't find this to be an issue unless flying very close to objects or the ground, though, where perspective exaggerates movement of close objects. I flew a test where the path was up a hill at much slower than walking speed, well below 1mph.
ah ok - that's just what I'm looking for actually. I don't remember seeing though where I can do that specifically for C/cine mode but I'll check tomorrow! In my case I'm flying low to ground close to objects so it's probably more noticeably for my situation on this shoot than previous shoots
thanks Ro

Hey Guys,

Was shooting some footage for a client recently (Air2S - firmware a few months old).

Is there any way of slowing it down ? I'm not referring to the gimbal operation while in cine mode but just mean the speed when your flying forward and backwards for example

As a workaround I could shoot in 60fps and slow down the footage in post but don't really want to do this if I don't have too

Thanks Ro
Iwas having the same issue but with the mini 2,,Iput some cinesticks on the controller that puts more resistance on the sticks,total game changer.just make sure to get the ones that fit your controller..cinesticks.

Reactions: Xitor and RonanCork
Hey Guys,

Thanks Ro
Mine does this as well. I just toggle from Cine mode to Normal or Sport mode then back to Cine. This fixes the issue.

Reactions: Xitor
Try taller sticks? The input will be less for the movement.
Taller sticks is a good suggestion. I hadn’t thought of that solution. Do you know where to acquire these for a Mavic 3? I own an Inspire 2 and I also miss the tripod mode in my Mavic 3. Tripod mode has an onscreen speed control to gear the speed to the work you are doing.

Try taller sticks? The input will be less for the movement.
Taller sticks is a good suggestion. I hadn’t thought of that, but that would definitely reduce any input. I own an inspire 2 and appreciate the tripod mode with its variable speed, on screen display.

Drone DJ says the new firmware addresses your problem. "The latest Fly app update adds support for Air 2S to adjust EXP settings in Cine mode. This means you can now determine how smoothly or quickly the drone will move forward or backward, ascend or descend, or rotate left or right."

Reactions: Yaros
Drone DJ says the new firmware addresses your problem. "The latest Fly app update adds support for Air 2S to adjust EXP settings in Cine mode. This means you can now determine how smoothly or quickly the drone will move forward or backward, ascend or descend, or rotate left or right."
Cool. That sounds great thanks

Reactions: Xitor and Cosmo0g
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78