DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2S - Litchi waypoint pointing to home point and not chosen POI

In your pic the blue arrows ARE pointing at the POI, not your home point!
So that part looks ok!

To prove it, move your POI around to eg the other side of WP3 and you’ll see the blue arrows all follow it.

It could be the drone heading is not set correctly!

In Mission settings, ensure you set the “heading to custom”
and choose “POI focus”

Plus in Batch Waypoint Settings ensure each WP is set to look at POI focus
plus select the “Point of Interest” as 1, not left as ‘NONE’.

As an aside In Batch Waypoint Settings, you can choose either one POI or multiple ones then at ‘each’ of the WP settings you choose which POI that WP is looking at, you get a smooth transverse from to another as appropriate.

Last edited:
Hi. I created a new mission and I do see these blue arrows like below but for some reason it still points to the home point as the POI and not my chosen POI of the house. Am out of ideas
Thanks Ro
Ro , If that is your attachment above then the blue triangles ARE pointing at POI 1. Look at waypoint #5. The Blue triangle is pointing directly at the roof POI 1 and you have the altitude of the POI as 5 feet. If you export this to Google Earth and then fly the route you will see all this working just fine. Or what am I missing? Linking your mission to Google Earth will show you exactly what your camera will show during this flight. There is a great tutorial video on the User Guide:Mission Hub page that walks you through it if you are not familiar with it. That attached mission looks like it is ready to go.

Reactions: ICHOTT
Would you post the mission settings and settings for at least one waypoint, as you did in the original post? I'm curious about why the heading arrows are working in the diagram now, but not in flight. Thanks.

Would you post the mission settings and settings for at least one waypoint, as you did in the original post? I'm curious about why the heading arrows are working in the diagram now, but not in flight. Thanks.
Hey - here you go. From today. I'd create a new mission as below. As you can see the blue arrows do point towards the POI

1648327835525.png

Here's the mission settings:

1648327893229.png

And here are the 5 waypoints:

1648328178412.png
1648328224108.png

1648328237632.png

When I launched, all looked fine. Didn't launch near metal or car or powerlines. Recorded the home point ok, Very little wind.

Any help would be great as I'm all out of ideas.

What happened today when I played the mission is that it flew to waypoint 1 as expected but then the gimbal didn't align itself to be pointing at the house, it instead pointed much lower down, nearly straight down. I know that Litchi for Air2s has/had a gimbal issue but didn't didn't happen last few weeks so I'm not sure.

I upgraded earlier this week to the latest Litchi and latest Air2s firmware

Thanks Ro

Attachments

• 1648328139262.png
    1648328139262.png
    392.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1648328201204.png
    1648328201204.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 3
Looking at the mission settings would be good. Your HP is in the same path as your POI. I would change my Home Point to another place to see if the problem persists.
Hey, cheers, yup I tried doing that, i.e. having my home take off point well away from my POI but it unfortunately still points to the home point for some reason
Thanks Ro

Ro , If that is your attachment above then the blue triangles ARE pointing at POI 1. Look at waypoint #5. The Blue triangle is pointing directly at the roof POI 1 and you have the altitude of the POI as 5 feet. If you export this to Google Earth and then fly the route you will see all this working just fine. Or what am I missing? Linking your mission to Google Earth will show you exactly what your camera will show during this flight. There is a great tutorial video on the User Guide:Mission Hub page that walks you through it if you are not familiar with it. That attached mission looks like it is ready to go.
Cheers yup I know what you mean. I'll check that out. I did something like that in the last few weeks with the help of one of the folks here. I'll let you know how that goes
Thanks Ro

Hey - here you go. From today. I'd create a new mission as below. As you can see the blue arrows do point towards the POI

View attachment 145806

Here's the mission settings:

View attachment 145807

And here are the 5 waypoints:

View attachment 145810
View attachment 145812

View attachment 145813

When I launched, all looked fine. Didn't launch near metal or car or powerlines. Recorded the home point ok, Very little wind.

Any help would be great as I'm all out of ideas.

What happened today when I played the mission is that it flew to waypoint 1 as expected but then the gimbal didn't align itself to be pointing at the house, it instead pointed much lower down, nearly straight down. I know that Litchi for Air2s has/had a gimbal issue but didn't didn't happen last few weeks so I'm not sure.

I upgraded earlier this week to the latest Litchi and latest Air2s firmware

Thanks Ro
The gimbal pitch problem with the Air 2S in Litchi was caused by a glitch in DJI's software developer's kit. Once DJI fixed the SDK, Litchi had an updated version of the app published almost immediately. I see that you said your up to date on the Litchi app and the Air 2S firmware. You might want to verify that they installed correctly and that they're displaying the right revision numbers.

Reactions: ICHOTT
The gimbal pitch problem with the Air 2S in Litchi was caused by a glitch in DJI's software developer's kit. Once DJI fixed the SDK, Litchi had an updated version of the app published almost immediately. I see that you said your up to date on the Litchi app and the Air 2S firmware. You might want to verify that they installed correctly and that they're displaying the right revision numbers.
Will do I'll check that tonight and will note, in a reply here, the versions of all components.

In your pic the blue arrows ARE pointing at the POI, not your home point!
So that part looks ok!

To prove it, move your POI around to eg the other side of WP3 and you’ll see the blue arrows all follow it.

It could be the drone heading is not set correctly!

In Mission settings, ensure you set the “heading to custom”
and choose “POI focus”

Plus in Batch Waypoint Settings ensure each WP is set to look at POI focus
plus select the “Point of Interest” as 1, not left as ‘NONE’.

As an aside In Batch Waypoint Settings, you can choose either one POI or multiple ones then at ‘each’ of the WP settings you choose which POI that WP is looking at, you get a smooth transverse from to another as appropriate.
Heya, thanks for the details. I checked each of your above points. My blue arrows DO point to the POI of I choose to move it away from the house, also I've the mission settings and batch settings the same as you suggest.
I tonight upgraded all my drone components to the latest versions as below and I'm going to now try using VLM and google earth "play" my mission to see how it works virtually.

Air2S firmware: V02.04.2150
RC firmware: V04.12.0056
DJI Fly app version: 1.5.1.0 (just for the hell of it, as I use Fly too also)
Litchi app version: 4.22.0-g

Additional update:

Just now I export my VLM into Google Earth pro and ran it there and it looked ok (albeit I'm a little to near the house) but the movement was smooth and more importantly the house was visible in the center of the screen the while time.

I'll run this mission in real life tomorrow and will let you know the results.

One this I'll try also (when I fly this in real life) is to try ensure my home point where I launch from is nowhere near my POI, as just thinking the last few times I've been having this issue (might not be related at all), my home point was a little bit (or in the general vicinity off) my actual POI. I'll rule that out anyways if anything

1648411653782.png

1648411668744.png

Thanks Ro

Last edited:
Heya, thanks for the details. I checked each of your above points. My blue arrows DO point to the POI of I choose to move it away from the house, also I've the mission settings and batch settings the same as you suggest.
I tonight upgraded all my drone components to the latest versions as below and I'm going to now try using VLM and google earth "play" my mission to see how it works virtually.

Additional update:

Just now I export my VLM into Google Earth pro and ran it there and it looked ok (albeit I'm a little to near the house) but the movement was smooth and more importantly the house was visible in the center of the screen the while time.

One this I'll try also (when I fly this in real life) is to try ensure my home point where I launch from is nowhere near my POI, as just thinking the last few times I've been having this issue (might not be related at all), my home point was a little bit (or in the general vicinity off) my actual POI. I'll rule that out anyways if anything

View attachment 145854

View attachment 145855

Thanks Ro

Additional update:

View attachment 145854

View attachment 145855

Thanks Ro
Hey Guys,

So after making all the software and firmware updates last night I flew today and had success. My photo only waypoints mission did take the photos I expected. The gimbal was in a decent angle to capture the POI from the various waypoints. I likely need to move slightly away from the POI as I'm a bit too near - minor adjustments though.

The other thing I did also was launch the drone in a place that wasn't nearish the home point.

So this seems to have all worked.

Thanks for all your feedback and guidance on this!

Thanks Ro

Last edited:
Hey Guys

Hey Guys,

So after making all the software and firmware updates last night I flew today and had success. My photo only waypoints mission did take the photos I expected. The gimbal was in a decent angle to capture the POI from the various waypoints. I likely need to move slightly away from the POI as I'm a bit too near - minor adjustments though.

The other thing I did also was launch the drone in a place that wasn't nearish the home point.

So this seems to have all worked.

Thanks for all your feedback and guidance on this!

Thanks Ro
Glad you got your mission as planned. Good!

Well, in case it helps someone, going all the way back to the beginning of the thread... I've experienced the exact problem by creating WPs first, then creating the POI, at which point you go, "oh c**p", then go back and try to fix it in each WP. Which is error prone.

ALWAYS create your POIs in Litchi first.

Reactions: DougMcC
I didn't read if you have had resolution to the issue but this was my response from Litchi regarding the drone following the home point instead of the POI.

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)
20 Sep 2021, 13:49 BST
Hi,

Make sure the gimbal mode is set to Yaw Follow in the Litchi settings before starting the mission
Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

Litchi App-Drone tracks Home Pt instead of POI

From Litchi:

Gimbal mode set to Yaw in Litchi

Ipad 5 Mini, latest firmware on drone and Litchi, iPad on airplane mode, DJI Go4 app off. It did work on my Inspire 2 as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu