DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2S - Litchi waypoint pointing to home point and not chosen POI

RonanCork

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I've the Air2s and Litchi.

I created in Mission Hub a mission to have some waypoints around a house to capture photo and video.

When I ran the mission I seemed to point to POI as I'd expect but then started pointing to my home point (i.e. my take off point) instead

Anyone have an ideas why it might do this ? - likely I've done something daft

I was running other missions in a different place similar to this one and all good so maybe some setting I've messed up

I've attached screenshots of my mission, settings and some waypoints too if that helps. Each waypoint says "1" for "POI" so that looks correct

Thanks Ro

1648041169324.png

1648041026338.png
1648041074044.png

Attachments

• 1648040983783.png
    1648040983783.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
This might happen if in some of the waypoints, the POI value isn't set.

thanks - All waypoints in my case each have the POI set to "1" though
Ronan
This can also happen if it is very windy, it might mess up the heading, but not very likely.

This can also happen if it is very windy, it might mess up the heading, but not very likely.
cheers, though there was no wind at all. I'll re-run the mission tomorrow and check it again in case it was a one off
thanks Ro

Reactions: Yaros
cheers, though there was no wind at all. I'll re-run the mission tomorrow and check it again in case it was a one off
thanks Ro
Calibrating the compass in DJI Fly might help, as it is a yaw/heading issue

Reactions: RonanCork
Which firmware your Air 2S has? Litchi had problems with the Air 2S gimbal until the last DJI firmware that supposedly fix it.
Hey, not sure offhand. I'll check and get back to you. I upgraded my aircraft firmware, DJI Fly app and the Litchi app to their latest versions - so I'll test tomorrow and see how it's all looking. Will let you guys know
Thanks Ro

Last edited:
My litchi missions on M2P have a blue triangle at the waypoint showing the gimbal camera direction looking at the POI. Your mission map doesn’t show any. Is this a issue because Litchi is a new arrival on the Air 2S? Those triangles are my way to check that all waypoints are coordinated.

Hey, not sure offhand. I'll check and get back to you. I upgraded my aircraft firmware, DJI Fly app and the Litchi app to their latest versions - so I'll test tomorrow and see how it's all looking. Will let you guys know
Thanks Ro
Hey, Last night I updated to the latest Air2s firmware and the latest Litchi app. I also calibrated the compass too. But no joy. In fact if I try a waypoints mission in a place that I know did work that now doesn't work in that the gimbal doesn't point to the house (POI) but points way to low. And I've the house height set correctly in the Mission Hub POI screen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong - as this all kinda worked last week (not perfect).

Anyone else notice any issues with Mission Hub, Litchi (latest) and Air2s (latest firmware) ?

Thanks Ronan

Last edited:
My litchi missions on M2P have a blue triangle at the waypoint showing the gimbal camera direction looking at the POI. Your mission map doesn’t show any. Is this a issue because Litchi is a new arrival on the Air 2S? Those triangles are my way to check that all waypoints are coordinated.
Good point. I'll check that. I know I have seen those blue triangles at each waypoint point to the correct POI the other day. Can't remember when I started to not see them though.

Good point. I'll check that. I know I have seen those blue triangles at each waypoint point to the correct POI the other day. Can't remember when I started to not see them though.
My missions with my Mini2 and Air 2S have those blue arrow icons (drone) on each waypoint pointing at POIs too.

Ronan, start again with a simple WP mission, if there is no blue directional triangle pointing at the POI then it won’t happen.

I’ve tried to replicate yours with no blue triangle but cannot so not sure what it is you are doing.

In fact just enter a single WP, it should immediately have a blue triangle showing so check all your mission settings to see why not!

37FF28DC-3F9C-4507-98B4-3FAB4EF6550C.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, Last night I updated to the latest Air2s firmware and the latest Litchi app. I also calibrated the compass too. But no joy. In fact if I try a waypoints mission in a place that I know did work that now doesn't work in that the gimbal doesn't point to the house (POI) but points way to low. And I've the house height set correctly in the Mission Hub POI screen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong - as this all kinda worked last week (not perfect).

Anyone else notice any issues with Mission Hub, Litchi (latest) and Air2s (latest firmware) ?

Thanks Ronan
If you're on Android, join beta in Litchi page on Play Store and update if it is available.

My missions with my Mini2 and Air 2S have those blue arrow icons (drone) on each waypoint pointing at POIs too.
Hi. I created a new mission and I do see these blue arrows like below but for some reason it still points to the home point as the POI and not my chosen POI of the house. Am out of ideas
Thanks Ro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220326_125509_com.aryuthere.visionplus.jpg
    Screenshot_20220326_125509_com.aryuthere.visionplus.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Hi. I created a new mission and I do see these blue arrows like below but for some reason it still points to the home point as the POI and not my chosen POI of the house. Am out of ideas
Thanks Ro
Would you post the mission settings and settings for at least one waypoint, as you did in the original post? I'm curious about why the heading arrows are working in the diagram now, but not in flight. Thanks.

Looking at the mission settings would be good. Your HP is in the same path as your POI. I would change my Home Point to another place to see if the problem persists.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan