DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s signal

Airs2

Reactions
Hello all, I’ve been flying my AIR2s and I’ve noticed that the controller likes to drop signal bars when I get out to about half a mile. Usually it’ll start max then drop to 3 and if I fly low looking around the woods it’ll give me signal warnings.

Is this common? Or should I take it back and swap it out? I also fly around my neighborhood.
Is there anything else to improve signal strength to the remote?68F943BF-F89C-4A09-AF83-16E0E2FC4E3E.png3CBE2FCD-635C-4B08-ABB2-25C923ADFBF5.png2737F589-59A1-40CB-8F93-F79407E60230.png2CD0A1F5-4C2A-4473-AD47-51D9F75E5097.png

Last edited:
Make sure the antenna is pulled out if using a tablet holder. Always aim remote towards the drone. Don’t fly behind objects. Do other drones have the same problem in the area? If non of the above, consider return.

That seems to be normal or at least that is about the same way mine behaves. I really don't pay much attention the signal strength. Satellites are a completely different story.

Make sure the antenna is pulled out if using a tablet holder. Always aim remote towards the drone. Don’t fly behind objects. Do other drones have the same problem in the area? If non of the above, consider return.
I don’t know anyone else who flys. My Air2s has built in antenna rods that come out when you open it to put the phone in. I was never told about a antenna that needs to be opened specifically.

Wifi and other RFI from the very busy areas below could explain part of this. Try it in an area with no businesses or homes around.

Greetings!

Air2S: I can fly out for 3/4 mile before I lose RC connection. 200ft altitude, flat farm land, some tall deciduous trees, multiple flights, same result. iPhone 8. The multiple mile distances that people say this can fly seems fantastical. Is there some settings I need to check?

Reactions: bonzo and pommy
Hello all, I’ve been flying my AIR2s and I’ve noticed that the controller likes to drop signal bars when I get out to about half a mile. Usually it’ll start max then drop to 3 and if I fly low looking around the woods it’ll give me signal warnings.

Is this common? Or should I take it back and swap it out? I also fly around my neighborhood.
Is there anything else to improve signal strength to the remote?
Ah a fellow Orlando flyer...
Having flown a lot in the area, especially downtown lately, it seems like your signal is a bit weaker than, say, mine. I've been able to fly out a mile+ Downtown and in the International area without any signal degradation, loss or any issues. I haven't pushed it further, as I stay in VLOS at all times. The true test of signal comes when I do jobs downtown. I'm able to get between buildings, etc., without any loss, which is a VERY big deal and the reason I added the 2S to our toolbox. Are you on the latest firmware by any chance? Hopefully you get everything sorted out. Have fun out there!

Mine also loses signal when like, 600-700m from me, with barely any interfierence (motorsport track).

What I actually find different and dangerous with Air 2s is that the signal doesn't cut out, it actually slows down the transmission video, then speeds up when it catches more signal. That's a messed up change because in other drones (Mavic Pro Platinum, Mavic 2 Pro, Ximi x8) the signal dies and I know it and release the sticks, or start moving the drone into a position to get a better signal, but in this case, I get tricked that it's still working fine until I'm suddenly much further than anticipated.

Advertises 12 km signal, can't even get a good signal 1km away. I know it's *up to* 12km, and it depends heavily on other factors, but come on, 12 km isn't happening in Europe even in the best case scenario.

Reactions: Sjkieffer and pommy
Air2S: I can fly out for 3/4 mile before I lose RC connection. 200ft altitude, flat farm land, some tall deciduous trees, multiple flights, same result. iPhone 8. The multiple mile distances that people say this can fly seems fantastical. Is there some settings I need to check?
Same thing here. It has terrible range compared to my previous Mavic Pro with O2 and even the WIFI of my original Air sometimes is better then this "new" O3. It's very disappointing.

Advertises 12 km signal, can't even get a good signal 1km away. I know it's *up to* 12km, and it depends heavily on other factors, but come on, 12 km isn't happening in Europe even in the best case scenario.
This.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fuckyoupaymenowww