DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s - where to Access older firmwares on DJI assistant

AnDronioBanderos

Reactions
Hi

When I connect my Air 2s to DJI assistant,it only shows the current firmware and none of the previous one's.

Is there a repository of all firmwares or is there a mod or modded DJI assistant that I can do that Will show older firmwares as well as the currently installed one?

Possibly an older version of DJI assistant?

Thanks

Last edited:
I had to ask DJI directly - and they provided a link to the older version I asked for.

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
No. That's why I asked DJI. I would not trust any vendor or private party to keep the distributions, either, just way too easy to insert malware these days.

Last edited:
Thanks Very much.

Do you know if there is a publicly available list of firmwares for the air 2s?

Thanks
There is.
My air 2s arrived new today, and came with the wrong FW. Dji assistant2 did not have what I wanted.

DH software will allow you to flash anything you want, if you have it to flash it.

DH will guide you to this site Dank Drone Downloader - Web App and they have it all.

So I downloaded "02.04.2040" and flashed it in place of dji's firmware FW.

Then I successfully installed the certification hack from DH and my bird now flies where it could not before.

There is.
My air 2s arrived new today, and came with the wrong FW. Dji assistant2 did not have what I wanted.

DH software will allow you to flash anything you want, if you have it to flash it.

DH will guide you to this site Dank Drone Downloader - Web App and they have it all.

Then I successfully installed the certification hack from DH and my bird now flies where it could not before.
Thanks mate, I'll give that a try Thumbswayup

Thanks mate, I'll give that a try Thumbswayup

1637506626261.png

A little known secret DH offers for us that buy their products.

1637506700163.png

Once you have the FW downloaded to your hard drive, you select it with DH software hacker, and it will flash it to your bird. Took about 10-15 minutes.

Then you can install the CERT you want.

1637506805891.png

I'm not sure, you might have to buy the cert before the flash will work. I don't remember if I flashed before I bought, or bought before I flashed.

What FW came on your bird that you want replaced?

View attachment 138785

View attachment 138786

Once you have the FW downloaded to your hard drive, you select it with DH software hacker, and it will flash it to your bird. Took about 10-15 minutes.

View attachment 138787

I'm not sure, you might have to buy the cert before the flash will work. I don't remember if I flashed before I bought, or bought before I flashed.

View attachment 138785

View attachment 138786

View attachment 138787

Hi mate

Thanks very much for the all the information.

I had upgraded my Air 2s firmware recently to,I think 02.04.2080 but I can't check until later as drone is in storage in a different room.

I panicked because I read crap and assumed I upgraded it prematurely so wanted to check if I could just go back to what I had previously had .

I used to be able to download when I had other DJI drones but no option on assistant 2 in previous firmwares so I did some work on windows 10 But still needed the firmware repo's.

Thanks very much for your help

Hi mate

I had upgraded my Air 2s firmware recently to,I think 02.04.2080 but I can't check until later as drone is in storage in a different room.

I panicked because I read crap and assumed I upgraded it prematurely so wanted to check if I could just go back to what I had previously had .

I used to be able to download when I had other DJI drones but no option on assistant 2 in previous firmwares so I did some work on windows 10 But still needed the firmware repo's.

DJI assitant2 does not seem to let you go backwards.
However, DH software seems to let you flash anything you want, including backwards, since they supply of repository of all of them.

DJI Assistant2 would not even show me this option, so I downloaded from
DH site, and flashed in 02.04.2040 (recommended!). It works great until I flew my air 2s into my shop at 20 mph. But it's not a firmware problem, it's a newbie pilot problem. Now I'm sending my drone off to the repair shop. :rolleyes:

Hi mate

Well, are you going to let me know how it worked, so I can stop holding my breath? 🤪

• Haha
Well, are you going to let me know how it worked, so I can stop holding my breath? 🤪
Sorry for the delay. I've had to go away for a few days so probably be the weekend.

Might take a bit of practice but I'll follow your instructions and report back.

But it's great to know it's possible to do. Thanks so much for sharing such detailed instructions.

Every day is a school day Thumbswayup

There is.

I had to ask DJI directly - and they provided a link to the older version I asked for.
Good day eEridani, where you able to install the older version? I cannot roll back to an older firmware and just bought the drone hacks licence, I tried to look everywhere and couldnt find a way to roll back from the latest firmware version.

Good day eEridani, where you able to install the older version? I cannot roll back to an older firmware and just bought the drone hacks licence, I tried to look everywhere and couldnt find a way to roll back from the latest firmware version.
When you say you cannot roll back, what technique and whose software did you try? Unless you're specific and give us exact details, then we can't help much.

When you say you cannot roll back, what technique and whose software did you try? Unless you're specific and give us exact details, then we can't help much.
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I use the drone hacks software and i have an air 2 s with current firmware V02.04.2110

I have read that DJI prevents roll back from their later firmware versions, I really want to try to get the drone hacks height limit and no fly zone removed, its a pain in the ***.

Thanks

Jan

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I use the drone hacks software and i have an air 2 s with current firmware V02.04.2110

I have read that DJI prevents roll back from their later firmware versions, I really want to try to get the drone hacks height limit and no fly zone removed, its a pain in the ***.

Thanks

Jan
DJI prevents roll backs if you're using DJI's software to access your FW firmware.
However, if you're using DH software to access your FW, it will overwrite (FLASH) dji with no problem.

DJI prevents roll backs if you're using DJI's software to access your FW firmware.
However, if you're using DH software to access your FW, it will overwrite (FLASH) dji with no problem.

Okay, I triedd it that way, using drone hacks program and downloading the firmware from dank drone downloader, maybe I am doing something wrong, but when i choose the downloaded file, for example the 02.04.2040 I get the following message in the drone hacks software 1641834187177.png

Can you help me out?

regards
Jan

Okay, I triedd it that way, using drone hacks program and downloading the firmware from dank drone downloader, maybe I am doing something wrong, but when i choose the downloaded file, for example the 02.04.2040 I get the following message in the drone hacks software View attachment 141683

Can you help me out?

regards
Jan
Have you already bought and paid for the certificate?
Were you signed in through DH Desktop App for windows?
I think I had to direct DH desktop app to my paid for certificate, before I could flash new FW.

My original FW V02.04.1691 . I just checked my notes. So I rolled forward 1 step. I thought I rolled back. Guess I was wrong.
1641836671041.png

So I was able to change it to .20401641836715533.png

It seems on newer models, dji built into their hardware that it cannot read older FW. If my FW came with .2075, I might not have bought the certificate. I might have tried it anyway because I was desperate.

1641836906558.png

As of my install, .2080 was the newest. And it could be downgraded. So on the next circuit board, dji let you read older firmware again.

1641837117755.png

But by then mine was flashed, so I didn't pay any more attention. And then the next circuit board in the bird was not allowed to read older FW. Bummer. At this point, it's after my time, so I'm no longer aware of what dji was up to.

1641837046383.png

1641837187377.png

If I had a .2110 or .2120, I might watch ebay for a older circuit board on a unit for parts.

Make sure you're signed in with DH desktop app, make sure you've already pointed it at .2040 and then try to do the flash after those steps are done.

I knew DH desktop app could flash anything, I didn't know that later dji circuit boards in the bird refused to read older FW.

You might be in trouble.

Let me know.

Attachments

• 1641836977872.png
    1641836977872.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 4
Have you already bought and paid for the certificate?
Were you signed in through DH Desktop App for windows?
I think I had to direct DH desktop app to my paid for certificate, before I could flash new FW.

My original FW V02.04.1691 . I just checked my notes. So I rolled forward 1 step. I thought I rolled back. Guess I was wrong.
View attachment 141691

So I was able to change it to .2040View attachment 141692

It seems on newer models, dji built into their hardware that it cannot read older FW. If my FW came with .2075, I might not have bought the certificate. I might have tried it anyway because I was desperate.

View attachment 141693

As of my install, .2080 was the newest. And it could be downgraded. So on the next circuit board, dji let you read older firmware again.

View attachment 141696

But by then mine was flashed, so I didn't pay any more attention. And then the next circuit board in the bird was not allowed to read older FW. Bummer. At this point, it's after my time, so I'm no longer aware of what dji was up to.

View attachment 141695

View attachment 141697

If I had a .2110 or .2120, I might watch ebay for a older circuit board on a unit for parts.

Make sure you're signed in with DH desktop app, make sure you've already pointed it at .2040 and then try to do the flash after those steps are done.

I knew DH desktop app could flash anything, I didn't know that later dji circuit boards in the bird refused to read older FW.

You might be in trouble.

Let me know.
Thanks for the reply,

I was thinking the same and start looking for older circuit boards.

regards
Jan

Thanks for the reply,

I was thinking the same and start looking for older circuit boards.

regards
Jan
The FW 2110 was “the” version DJI applied the block & removal of the DH Certificate hack. Any FW from x2110 beyound is not able to Roll-back or accept DH Cert.

So in brief, x2110 and beyound is dead end for anyone wanting to use DH Certificate.

DJI has used a Anti-Rollback block on several platforms. The tool provided by DH, Dank Downloader is helpful, although won’t provide a rollback or unlock a DJI Firmware further than DJI allows… which can also be performed within DJI Asst if you have the FW on computer… obtainable from several sources. Dank Drone is one source and they’ve recently added a flashing tool little more user friendly than DJI Asst.

D0018FE0-39A6-431F-B885-58C95BB7EA20.jpeg

As shown on DH site… x2080 can be rolled back to x2040. The other 2, x2075 & x2110 and beyond can not be rolled back.

I’m not sure of your craft history, late to discussion. If new, if possible return for different one.

You can obtain a new Air2S Mainboard, and safely assume FW will be old version.
Several DJI shops can provide, two that normally have access to a lot of parts are CloudCity and Florida Drone Supply(FDS). You’ll probably need to email either to obtain part… Chris at CloudCity is pretty helpful, and Michael at FDS.

There is a external (non-DJI) Repair shop that advertises on eBay. They are listing a mainblard too at $230.00

But be AWARE you need to calibrate using a new main board, which requires running through Python... Tool Pyserial and using DJI Repait Tool… reference Library files.

A pretty good YouTube that outlines the process is:

Point of Caution: As with any Drone electronics… many small micro-connectors. They can be easily damaged just by pressing the ribbon connector into socket. The Air2S has many, and in replacing FT Arms & Motors, I slightly damaged the Ft Object Avoidance sensor connector… was able to disassemble back down, correct and assemble to a functional craft. If not correctable, I be adding a main board too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54