Reactions
I rang DJI today about the new Air3 S
I have the Air 3 with RC2 controller and 4 Batteries

First questions are batteries compatible YES

RC2 compatible YES

So all I need is the Aircraft alone ?
Sorry we only sell packages

But I do not want more batteries or another controller
I crashed my Air3 in Aug and DJI allowed me to buy a brand new Air 3 at discounted price
It came in its own box so why can I not buy the Air3 S alone

RC2 compatible YES

I crashed my Air3 in Aug and DJI allowed me to buy a brand new Air 3 at discounted price
Well, they have already answered that for you (not trying to sound harsh) . They only sell them in package deals.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
But this will create a problem for Air 3 owners who want to upgrade but who do not want or cannot afford more batteries and controllers
Aug I got a replacement for my Air 3 after a crash and lost drone which came alone in a packaged box

RC2 compatible YES

Eventually they may get around to selling the Air 3S single. Right now they need as many Air 3S drones they can get to fulfill orders for 3 different current kits. It is unlikely anyone will need a replacement today for their RC-N3 kit which is the most popular and primary. Your RC2 is secondary although it is still popular in the FMC. Not standard for DJI to usually offer the single at time of launch since they are probably ready for warranty replacements and DJI Care Refresh firstly.

I am sure they are aware that many people will want to upgrade and while they don't typically do those sort of upgrades, the single is suitable especially when the hardware and accessories are compatible. Honestly, there is nothing stopping you from buying the Air 3S with RC-N3 and then selling (or eating) the remote which should get you close enough to the price of an Air 3S single should it go for sale today (early, before the Air 3S has a chance to sell in other configurations). As soon as the pricing is right (and the team gets around to it i.e. not a priority), I'm sure it will become available.

Reactions: Cafguy
But this will create a problem for Air 3 owners who want to upgrade but who do not want or cannot afford more batteries and controllers
Aug I got a replacement for my Air 3 after a crash and lost drone which came alone in a packaged box
I hear ya. I have received a replacement as well. But, DJi's position is making money.

I hear ya. I have received a replacement as well. But, DJi's position is making money.
Yes I realise that and really posted this to make other Air3 owners aware that they simply cannot just upgrade AT PRESENT

Air 3 S pilots will crash or have insurance claims so I am sure they will supply Drone Alone at some point soon

Just interest what should my Air 3 package fetch second hand ?
Case, 4 batteries almost new aircraft and RC2 ?

Yes I realise that and really posted this to make other Air3 owners aware that they simply cannot just upgrade AT PRESENT

Air 3 S pilots will crash or have insurance claims so I am sure they will supply Drone Alone at some point soon

Just interest what should my Air 3 package fetch second hand ?
Case, 4 batteries almost new aircraft and RC2 ?
I would say 60-70% less than retail

Some reports I have seen say its better than the pro so those prices may drop too 😎
For sure, the Mavic3Pro prices are dropping daily and if you wait until Mavic4Pro launch date, because the M3P price is so high, the drop is probably going to be bigger than this one. Thankfully, I plan to keep my Mavic3Pro because I just don't believe it will get much in return.

I wouldn't count on a drone-only product being made available retail, purchased from the store. Most DJI drones don't have this option.

Alternatively, most DJI drones do show up at rotorlogic.com available as truly drone-only (no battery) for purchase. RL does repairs, and (likely with DJI's blessing) they offer a lot of parts for sale for DIY repairs.

I wouldn't count on a drone-only product being made available retail, purchased from the store.
That would be nice. Coming from the FPV scene where a drone is intended to come without a remote nor batteries, and in some cases even without a receiver so you can add yours, it would be nice for DJI to add this option as well.

One point brought up in another thread is the batteries although the same size have more capacity for the Air3 S although only one minute published endurance difference between Air 3 and S
Thus the Air3 S appears to have picked up Drag as I noticed a drop in speed in Sport mode against the Air 3 which is faster
But put Air 3 batteries in the S and you will drop 5 minute endurance if I am reading the situation correct ?

DJI has a bunch of controllers that they need to offload somehow So why not force us to buy them lol.
Dji is famous for this if you want a drone only sale you will need to wait at least 6 to 12 months. when the care refresh claims start to come in, they will stock them. for now Just throw your extra controller in a box somewhere lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerKriegshetzer