DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Disconnect

Eden from Africa

Reactions
Had a 7 minute flight and came in to land, and at about 3 meter height, whilst flying right over me, my M2 Enterprise Dual gave me a "Aircraft Disconnect" message in red on the Smart Controller. I was able to still control the aircraft and land it safely, but the view from the camera was blacked out. I switched off the M2 and the controller, waited a minute and switched both on again. Once connected, the SC showed that the aircraft was "Ready to Go", but the screen was black, as if the camera was not functioning at all. The rest of the SC screen looked normal, but the picture was black. I took a photo and strangely enough the camera took a photo, but the screen remained black. I didn't mess with any settings whilst flying, except for taking two photographs. I have now switched off both units, waited ten minutes, and upon powering up, the camera works as per normal again. Any thoughts why this may have happened?

• Haha
Reactions: dioriosigns
Had a 7 minute flight and came in to land, and at about 3 meter height, whilst flying right over me, my M2 Enterprise Dual gave me a "Aircraft Disconnect" message in red on the Smart Controller. I was able to still control the aircraft and land it safely, but the view from the camera was blacked out. I switched off the M2 and the controller, waited a minute and switched both on again. Once connected, the SC showed that the aircraft was "Ready to Go", but the screen was black, as if the camera was not functioning at all. The rest of the SC screen looked normal, but the picture was black. I took a photo and strangely enough the camera took a photo, but the screen remained black. I didn't mess with any settings whilst flying, except for taking two photographs. I have now switched off both units, waited ten minutes, and upon powering up, the camera works as per normal again. Any thoughts why this may have happened?

I had a similar experience with my Enterprise "Zoom".
At first when powering on the aircraft everything seemed to work fine except I had no video feed on my Smart Controller. It took 5 to 7 power on, power off cycles until I was able to get a video feed and I finally was able to launch the aircraft. I then launched to do a quick roof inspection and while the aircraft was directly over my head and about 35 feet AGL the screen stated it was disconnected with the same "Aircraft Disconnected". The video feed was black, but I still had full control over the aircraft. I landed and proceeded to turn everything off and then back on. This time I was finally able to launch the aircraft and obtain the required images I needed. This has never happened before. In fact it was the first real problem I have ever had with this aircraft.

Jaja6009, have you been able to figure out what caused the black out? I had another episode this weekend again. Full control of the aircraft, fortunately close to me about 50M out, so I did a visual landing, but it freaks me out that this can happen when it is far away from me and having to fly "blind".

Jaja6009, have you been able to figure out what caused the black out? I had another episode this weekend again. Full control of the aircraft, fortunately close to me about 50M out, so I did a visual landing, but it freaks me out that this can happen when it is far away from me and having to fly "blind".
I have only flown 1 time since the episode and it did not happen again. I have no idea what happened, but am being very cautious.

Hi guys. I'm also suffering from the same issue and have kept the aircraft grounded since. I've been keeping it connected while grounded and continue to see the distortion in image quality, followed by the image going black and white and eventually the aircraft disconnecting. I only started getting this issue after the update I made to the controller 2 weeks ago.

Does DJI ever follow these threads? Do they ever provide input or suggestions for possible fixes, or even comments?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000