DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft incapable of flying, assume manual control and land immediatedly

rscheff

Reactions
Yesterday I received an error message flying my Mini 1 with Samsung S21. It said, "Aircraft incapable of flying, assume manual control and land immediately." In 3 years of flying I never received such a dire message and I returned the drone so fast I did not get a screenshot of error. So the wording may not be exact but I would say accurate.

Has anyone else ever had this message, I did a search and found nothing. I was flying at dusk but I do all the time because the wind is much less here. I also have a pretty powerful light on the undercarriage that allows me to land in very dark conditions. But when I received the message I was 90 feet in air with plenty of light and landing sensor does not work that high anyway. So, I don't think flying at dusk was the issue. I get those messages all the time saying that the lighting conditions may lead to inaccurate flying conditions, or something like that. I also checked the flight logs and there was nothing in them about this error msg.

Last edited:
Yesterday I received an error message flying my Mini 1 with Samsung S21. It said, "Aircraft incapable of flying, assume manual control and land immediately." In 3 years of flying I never received such a dire message and I returned the drone so fast I did not get a screenshot of error. So the wording may not be exact but I would say accurate.

Has anyone else ever had this message, I did a search and found nothing. I was flying at dusk but I do all the time because the wind is much less here. I also have a pretty powerful light on the undercarriage that allows me to land in very dark conditions. But when I received the message I was 90 feet in air with plenty of light and landing sensor does not work that high anyway. So, I don't think flying at dusk was the issue. I get those messages all the time saying that the lighting conditions may lead to inaccurate flying conditions, or something like that. I also checked the flight logs and there was nothing in them about this error msg.
My Mini-1 tends to give a lot of error messages compared to my Mini-2 and Mini-SE.

While not identical, what you're describing sounds like a message I've gotten several times on the Mini-1 that says something like, "High wind warning. Unable to return home automatically. Reduce altitude and fly manually."

Or something like that. I've never flown in dim light so I don't have anything useful to say about that part!

Please let us know what you find out.

Thx.

I receive the high wind warnings all the time, and I receive the warnings of not enough light to see. The low light warning is for the operator not being able to see. This error msg. was very specific saying that the aircraft was incapable of flying, regain manual control and land manually. I had 1,400 minutes flight time last year so I have just about every msg. they have, but not this one. What's strange is there was no flight record of that incident, what's even stranger is that there were 4 DJI flight records and 5 DAT files. I can't read the DAT files supposedly they are just for DJI.

I contacted DJI and they requested that I download all files to them from the drone. I also sent them all my files from my phone. Their response was that the file had been overwritten and there was no record of that flight. VERY STRANGE! I know that I received the message. The message was in the scrolling part int the upper left of the screen. It was such a dire message that I did not even think of getting a screen shot, I just wanted to get the drone back.

I asked DJI if that message actually exists, but I don't think they will answer me.

Initially I thought that I had got hit by a bird, there are a lot of crows and hawks around here. I actually got hit by a crow once and he knocked the drone into an Oak tree and it crashed. But I did not get that message then.

Then I thought of the magnetic field. I receive an error msg. almost every time I fly that says that I am in a magnetic field and may not be able to fly. There is a red blinking light on the drone, but the drone flys and the light goes away.

Yes, that's the message I get when I get the high wind warning, which I get a lot in my canyon. However, the message doesn't say it's incapable of flying; it says it's incapable of RTH automatically, and says to fly it home manually. Curiously, the FPV gives me a high wind warning, but considers it advisory, and doesn't say anything about not being able to fly.

I guess when you can fly at 87 mph, you don't much care about a measly 40 mph wind...

1653165955395.png

I've never flown when the light level was low, so I don't have anything to offer in that realm.

I receive the high wind warnings all the time, and I receive the warnings of not enough light to see. The low light warning is for the operator not being able to see. This error msg. was very specific saying that the aircraft was incapable of flying, regain manual control and land manually. I had 1,400 minutes flight time last year so I have just about every msg. they have, but not this one. What's strange is there was no flight record of that incident, what's even stranger is that there were 4 DJI flight records and 5 DAT files. I can't read the DAT files supposedly they are just for DJI.

I contacted DJI and they requested that I download all files to them from the drone. I also sent them all my files from my phone. Their response was that the file had been overwritten and there was no record of that flight. VERY STRANGE! I know that I received the message. The message was in the scrolling part int the upper left of the screen. It was such a dire message that I did not even think of getting a screen shot, I just wanted to get the drone back.

I asked DJI if that message actually exists, but I don't think they will answer me.

Initially I thought that I had got hit by a bird, there are a lot of crows and hawks around here. I actually got hit by a crow once and he knocked the drone into an Oak tree and it crashed. But I did not get that message then.

Then I thought of the magnetic field. I receive an error msg. almost every time I fly that says that I am in a magnetic field and may not be able to fly. There is a red blinking light on the drone, but the drone flys and the light goes away.
The Mavic Mini .DATs on the drone itself are encrypted and usable only by DJI. But, if you're referring to the .DATs residing on the mobile device running the FLY App then those are not encrypted. CsvView or DatCon should be able to process those.

Whole situation is kinda moot now because I suddenly lost the ability to see any picture. I received a software update and suddenly no picture. If I make a recording I see everything and if I use Dronelink I have a picture on the screen so it has to be software. I spent 3 hours with DJI yesterday, and 5 different people and no one would entertain the idea that it was a software issue. They say the camera is broken and needs to be replaced and they want me to return it free of charge. But that means I am without the drone for 2 months. If I do return it this will be the 6th return in 3 years. Not a good track record for reliability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa