DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft is full and cannot take videos

Ambry

Reactions
Hi! Just began using my drone and am a total newbie. Can’t figure this one out!

My air2s drone is not allowing me to make videos because message appears stating that the aircraft is full. I have cleared the caches and deleted all pictures and videos.
Any suggestions on what I need to do to regain the ability to take videos? And can this be done on iPhone or need to connect to laptop? Any advice would be appreciated

When you say, "I have cleared the caches and deleted all pictures and videos" are you deleting them from the SD Card you're using in the A2S?

I have not inserted a SD Card. I have deleted from the album that appears in the app.

The drone has built in 8GB storage if it's the same as the MA2 so if you never put an sd card in it, it will be recording to that. What you need to do is hook it up to your computer through USB and transfer the pics and videos to the computer. Or if you don't want to save them you can go into the settings on the RC and format the card (built in card) in there.

Welcome to the forum.

Would recommend getting a suitable microSD card in your drone, much easier to take that out and download video to your computer for later editing etc.
The inbuilt 8GB memory in the drone isn't going to hold a lot, that would hold about 4.5 minutes of 4k.

If you have a card in the drone it will automatically record to that, the on board can be used in a pinch then if you ever have a full card.

Typically, people go for 64 or 128 GB microSD (I use 32 and 64, have numerous so more than one in case of failure).
UHS3 rating is best, if only shooting lower than 4k, class 10 or UHS1 is ok.
Check the ratings on the specific cards, some class 10 write at 90+ mb/s, UHS3 can be 300+.

edit typo

Last edited:
Hi! Just began using my drone and am a total newbie. Can’t figure this one out!

My air2s drone is not allowing me to make videos because message appears stating that the aircraft is full. I have cleared the caches and deleted all pictures and videos.
Any suggestions on what I need to do to regain the ability to take videos? And can this be done on iPhone or need to connect to laptop? Any advice would be appreciated
Only limited "internal" space. Get a 64 or 128 GB SD Card and use it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580