DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft locked - wtf

dacoco

Reactions
Hi guys,

I use my Mavic with an old .450 Firmware and I don't want to change that. Also i use the current DJI Go 4 app for Android and last month I flew about 20 flights with this combination.
But since the last DJI Go Update there seems to be a forced update mechanism. I am grounded and see the message attached.
CSC doesn't work.

What I can do is use an old iPhone with an old Go4 app installed. I can read and I know that DJI wants me to update - but why?

I mean they force me to confirm messages about Spark beeing grounded if not updated. This was also published. But for the Mavic? Never read such message. And from one day to another I'm grounded. What if I am in another country and don't have a stable internet connection? What do they think they are doing without warning the user before?

Nevertheless I think this may be an error. Because I found an old thread where someone encountered the same "aircraft locked" message. This is strange because it was a year ago. I mean why don't they lock every drone with old firmware then?

Did anyone with an old firmware got the same message?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-01-10-18-44-640_dji.go.v4.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-01-10-18-44-640_dji.go.v4.png
    893.2 KB · Views: 154
Hi guys,

I use my Mavic with an old .450 Firmware and I don't want to change that. Also i use the current DJI Go 4 app for Android and last month I flew about 20 flights with this combination.
But since the last DJI Go Update there seems to be a forced update mechanism. I am grounded and see the message attached.
CSC doesn't work.

What I can do is use an old iPhone with an old Go4 app installed. I can read and I know that DJI wants me to update - but why?

I mean they force me to confirm messages about Spark beeing grounded if not updated. This was also published. But for the Mavic? Never read such message. And from one day to another I'm grounded. What if I am in another country and don't have a stable internet connection? What do they think they are doing without warning the user before?

Nevertheless I think this may be an error. Because I found an old thread where someone encountered the same "aircraft locked" message. This is strange because it was a year ago. I mean why don't they lock every drone with old firmware then?

Did anyone with an old firmware got the same message?
Howdy dracoco, here are some similar threads, Search Results for Query: Aircraft locked | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Okay that's strange because when the lock would be hardwarerelated I couldn't fly with my old iPhone - but I can. But maybe the newer App just reads out a flag the older one doesn't know from?!

Anyway - this seems not to happen to everyone. Why? Why does someone a year ago gets their Device locked and someone still flies online without a problem?!

Reactions: Prado man
Just chatted with DJI. They told me I can write them - without any consequences regarding warranty - that I don't want to update and then they stop me from forcing that.

Just chatted with DJI. They told me I can write them - without any consequences regarding warranty - that I don't want to update and then they stop me from forcing that.

Of course they lied to me. They don't unlock anything.

HI,

mine too got aircraft locked, but i did it to unlocked the aircraft. is your phone android apps?

all you need to do is to clear the data cache of the DJI GO 4 it will delete all data and updates then restart everything.
what i did after i login i did not execute the update firmware yet then the aircraft is ready to fly.

I did, and after that I could CSC start the motors in the hotel room. But next day I tried to fly and it was locked again.

Have you tried apps like Litchi or Kittyhawk?

Have you tried apps like Litchi or Kittyhawk?

I would think the lock is in the Mavic itself and would stay locked irregardless of which app you used. Be interesting to find out

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
Currently I don't have the time to test, but I don't think the lock is in the Mavic - at least with my old firmware. Because the iPhone works great, but has no internet connection.

I now reinstalled DJI Go on the Android completely, logged in (not being connected to the Mavic!), then revoke the internet privilege by the internal Xiaomi Firewall and then i can start the motors without any problem.
What I don't know is if I can fly more than 60 meters away. I am logged in but without a connected Mavic (which would be a bad idea because it would be locked immediately).
I will try that in a couple of days and get back here.

My mavic started to act crazy last night camera got blurry as hell the back lite when solid red i landed boom locked.. i'm om FW .700 been great.. i tried litchi it was the same. i finally rolled back to go 4.1.8 from 4.1.9 then it was fine that sucks that they can do that to us..no forced updates my Butt..I did the mix mod late last night so this holiday weekend i will test it out sounds promising..

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I dont know how dji lock mavic .. Iam still fly with much of illegal flying... And always sync data flight, iam on 700 and just upgrade to 4000- firmware that posted by steve barner(digdat0), anyway i use mydji apk android

Reactions: k3vnnyork
I dont know how dji lock mavic .. Iam still fly with much of illegal flying... And always sync data flight, iam on 700 and just upgrade to 4000- firmware that posted by steve barner(digdat0), anyway i use mydji apk android

It's caused by having your phone tablet connected to the internet when the app is launched, the app checks FW versions to see if an update is needed, if it's a FW. that they have decided needs updating they will lock the quad to force you to upgrade

My mavic started to act crazy last night camera got blurry as **** the back lite when solid red i landed boom locked.. i'm om FW .700 been great.. i tried litchi it was the same. i finally rolled back to go 4.1.8 from 4.1.9 then it was fine that sucks that they can do that to us..no forced updates my Butt..I did the mix mod late last night so this holiday weekend i will test it out sounds promising..

There is Dumbldore to unlock a quad, plus you can turn off forced updates using a procedure

Reactions: amalia saputro
It's caused by having your phone tablet connected to the internet when the app is launched, the app checks FW versions to see if an update is needed, if it's a FW. that they have decided needs updating they will lock the quad to force you to upgrade
But i use mydji that claim no update fw.. When i start app it say latest firmware

How about in airplane mode before launch the djigo app?

How about just do the update? Tons of us are on current firmware and flying with no problems. Seems like a lot less stress than holding out. Plus you would be flying within minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar