DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What order to update firmware & database?

Aerophile

Reactions
I have an early-model Mini 3 Pro. I have not updated ANYTHING on it for a long time. To bring everything up to date, I need to update all of the following:
  • Aircraft Firmware
  • RC Firmware
  • FlySafe database
  • DJI Fly app
  • Maybe battery firmware(?)
I'm planning to take the plunge, and update everything (and yes, I'm aware this can't be rolled back, so I want it to go smoothly).

Does it matter in what order I do each update? If so, what's the recommended order to give me the best chance that when it's all done, everything works? Thanks.

That's the beauty of modern electronics and the manufacturer who understand a good OTA process. Not only can you update each item in whatever order you wish but also you don't have to update one version at a time, you can go straight to the latest version even if you "jump over" several in between. Every now and again there may be exceptions but I don't recall any for the Mini 3 Pro. If you use your computer and the DJI software, you can do this quickly and easily; as easy as plugging in, detecting, choose and reflash, unplugging and then later on, you may have to deal with the extra batteries if any.

Well, yeah, in theory...in practice though, sometimes things go sideways if a articular use case has not been adequately tested. So I figured it was worth asking before I just clicked "Update Everything"...just in case it's going to brick something.

Well, yeah, in theory...in practice though, sometimes things go sideways if a articular use case has not been adequately tested. So I figured it was worth asking before I just clicked "Update Everything"...just in case it's going to brick something.
Sure. I also think DJI and most new electronics are pretty good about not bricking devices if the s/w does not work or is interrupted. There was a time where you would destroy your device if it lost power or the update refused to finish. Today, if unsuccessful, you keep the old sw version and you live to try again another day. Even if it completes and didn't update properly, the computer and the update tool will allow you to plug in and "refresh" which seems often seems to fix things when you have little problems. Finally, I think it is only rare that any sort of mismatch will prevent you from flying. Perhaps you don't get certain features but DJI is pretty good about all components originally compatible remaining that way despite different s/w.

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078